Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Palm Beach Post Recruiting story: FIU, UCF, and FSU.

Add topic

"A LOOK AT USF, UCF and FIU RECRUITING

by Tom D'Angelo

South Florida

The Bulls are closing in on their best-ever class with 21 oral commitments, plus one player already enrolled.

Heading the class is Ryne Giddins of Seffner-Armwood, the No. 3-ranked weak side defensive end in the county according to Rivals.com. Giddins also received offers from Florida, Florida State, Miami, Auburn, Tennessee, Clemson and North Carolina.

Other four-star recruits joining Giddins are the 15th-ranked athlete, Bradley Battles of Marianna; running back Adaris Bellamy of Dunedin and defensive tackle Kyrhi Thornton of Hargrave Military Academy in Chatham, Va.

The class also includes 12 players with three stars .

The Bulls never have finished higher than 43rd on signing day and never have signed more than two four-star recruits in the same class.

UCF

Coach George O'Leary made a promise to rebuild the Knights after a disappointing 4-8 season.

That job will start with the offense, which ranked near the bottom of every major category in Division I-A. Perhaps more bad news: The Knights return 21 of their top 22 offensive players.

The biggest oral commitment, though, has come from defensive back Josh Robinson of Lauderhill who was recruited by Florida, Michigan and South Carolina. Robinson, a four-star recruit, is ranked No. 18 by Rivals.com among athletes.

Robinson is one of 20 players who has commited to UCF. Among those is safety Jarrett Swaby of Glades Day.

FIU

Coach Mario Cristobal was able to turn around this dormant program with a solid 2008 recruiting class that included the Sun Belt Conference's freshman of the year and all-purpose yards leader, receiver T.Y. Hilton.

The Golden Panthers had lost 23-of-24 games entering the season but finished 5-7 and twice had two touchdown leads on FAU in the fourth quarter of the season finale before losing in overtime. A victory would have made them bowl eligible for the first time.

FIU has 20 commitments, including guard Rupert Bryan of Glades Central, who pulls three stars by Rivals.com. Other Rivals' three-star commitments are linebacker Kenneth Dillard and receiver Wayne Times of Miami and defensive end Thatcher Starling of Hutchinson, Kansas."

============================================================
======================================

Story

On a side note:

They have removed the FAU logo and linkage from the sports page.
Back to the top

Re: Palm Beach Post Recruiting story: FIU, UCF, and FSU.

Um, cool? He basically just listed the highest ranked (star-wise) recruits from Rivals.com...
Back to the top

Palm Beach Post Recruiting story: FIU, UCF, and FSU.

At least when Marcus was there he gave us coverage. PALM BEACH Post last I checked the only D-1A School in PALM BEACH County is FAU not FIU, or USF, or UCF. I understand covering other schools, but how about giving some better coverage of the school that actually plays in your county

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Jab979 said

At least when Marcus was there he gave us coverage. PALM BEACH Post last I checked the only D-1A School in PALM BEACH County is FAU not FIU, or USF, or UCF. I understand covering other schools, but how about giving some better coverage of the school that actually plays in your county

There is an article about us on the site:

Florida Atlantic Owls football recruiting update

But why take us off the main page? That makes no sense at all…
Back to the top
Control functions: