Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Board of Trustees Meetings for June

Add topic

The Board of Trustees will meet both on June 10th, and June 17th.  The June 10th meeting is reserved soley for Audit and Finance, and will not have any items of discussion surrounding the Stadium project.

The agenda has not been finalized as of yet for the June 17th meeting.

However, neither meeting will be webcast.

Source:  FAU Media Relations
Back to the top

Re: Board of Trustees Meetings for June

everyone should go and demand or complain about the stadium no matter what the agenda is 
Back to the top

Board of Trustees Meetings for June

Click below if interested in learning more about the presentation made Wednesday regarding the Athletic's Fee increase and how it stacks up against other State Schools…FGCU is trying very hard to become a player in the State, and it definitely shows within it's current fee…we aren't far behind…However, the new fee of $14.30 per credit hour would still keep us below FIU:

Proposal
Back to the top

I say the bump it up to an even $15 a credit, forget the proposed $14.30.

Florida has such a low tuition rate compared to the rest of the country, I think people can pony up the extra 70cents. Plus, FAU doesn't have the student body or the financial backing that most other FL state universities have. If we had a student body of 45,000 like UCF or UF or FSU, I would say no, we don't need our fees to be so high, but our total student body is half that, with probably 10% of our student body not ever stepping foot on the main boca campus. We need the money, if kids don't want to pay, they can go to FAMU or UWF or somewhere else where it is less expensive.

Plus, if I was a student and had to pay $120 ($15 x 12credit hours) a semester, I would start going to more and more games, to get my money's worth.

"FAU is on a collision course with the national championship. The only variable is time."
Back to the top

Great point Owlando

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

As i've said before it's easy to say "yeah raise rates!" when you're not a student anymore.  I want FAU to prosper as much as anyone else and Florida does have cheap tuition but not if you're an out of stater like myself.
Back to the top

Rick said

Click below if interested in learning more about the presentation made Wednesday regarding the Athletic's Fee increase and how it stacks up against other State Schools…FGCU is trying very hard to become a player in the State, and it definitely shows within it's current fee…we aren't far behind…However, the new fee of $14.30 per credit hour would still keep us below FIU:

Proposal

Not that it matters but at least we won't have to have the highest fee in the state rubbed in our face anymore. There are a few posters out there that keep bringing that up.

I believe some of the fee at FIU is going toward the stadium. Is that correct?

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

illinoisowl said

Rick said

Proposal

I believe some of the fee at FIU is going toward the stadium. Is that correct?

No, no monies from athletic fees are to be used to pay for the construction of the stadium.  Actually, the way it is set up, FIU's fees for athletics is divided on two items.  Athletics is $14.20, and then there is a line for "Title IX" for $0.31.  That's the $14.51 total.

Similar to the latest FAU Stadium plan I've read here,for the FIU Stadium, the revenue streams used to repay the bonds include tickets sold, naming rights, club seats, suites sales, facility rental, vendor sales, concessions, sponsorships, and other sources directly related to the stadium.  Actually, FIU Athletics created a corporation, called FIU Athletics Finance Corp., which is a University DSO (Direct Support Organization) to manage, direct, and generate resources to maintain, fund, and develop the Stadium and/or any other projects related to the Stadium.
Back to the top

Nothing doing for Wednesday's BOT meeting…

There is a mention within a deck for the informational portion of the meeting, but that's it:

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top
Control functions: