Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Stadium agreement with the City of Boca Raton

Add topic

Re: Stadium agreement with the City of Boca Raton

We should always be planning for the future, right!
Back to the top

Stadium agreement with the City of Boca Raton

On a positive note, one informed UCF fan on here had said the stadium would be delayed due to city red tape, etc., and that was what delayed their stadium.  We now have that addressed and are moving to financing.  I think this is a huge positive step.  Once the city sees that big events do not have a huge impact on traffic, etc., we can always renegotiate terms.  Big events can be mutually beneficial.  This step could have delayed us for years.

Back to the top

owlcountry said

From the upcoming BOT Agenda:

… (i) a maximum of six FAU football games on campus, of which only one will be a weekday (Monday – Thursday) game,

I dunno, if we become hot in the sunbelt and ESPN wants to come to Boca Raton for national televised games  during the week, rules may bend, and even break!!!
Back to the top

NCowl said

owlcountry said

… (i) a maximum of six FAU football games on campus, of which only one will be a weekday (Monday – Thursday) game,

I dunno, if we become hot in the sunbelt and ESPN wants to come to Boca Raton for national televised games  during the week, rules may bend, and even break!!!

Three things

1) This story was in the paper the day after I dug it up. Let me give you reporters my address so you can send along my paycheck.

2) I'm pretty sure they have to renew this Campus Agreement every couple of years. I think it's renewed every five years along with an updated Campus Master Plan. So that gives us 3-4 years to establish a need to have more events.

3) I doubt we'd get a bowl going here. The Cure Bowl makes some sense because you can argue it's close to Orlando and that will draw in audiences not only to see their team but to hit up the theme parks. You couldn't make as strong of an argument here other than to say, hey, come to Boca Raton, it's safe here and we have beaches. It would be great though. Build up the tourism, add more hotels, etc.
Back to the top

owlcountry said

NCowl said

owlcountry said

I dunno, if we become hot in the sunbelt and ESPN wants to come to Boca Raton for national televised games  during the week, rules may bend, and even break!!!

Three things

1) This story was in the paper the day after I dug it up. Let me give you reporters my address so you can send along my paycheck.

2) I'm pretty sure they have to renew this Campus Agreement every couple of years. I think it's renewed every five years along with an updated Campus Master Plan. So that gives us 3-4 years to establish a need to have more events.

3) I doubt we'd get a bowl going here. The Cure Bowl makes some sense because you can argue it's close to Orlando and that will draw in audiences not only to see their team but to hit up the theme parks. You couldn't make as strong of an argument here other than to say, hey, come to Boca Raton, it's safe here and we have beaches. It would be great though. Build up the tourism, add more hotels, etc.

If Detroit has a bowl than Boca Raton can definelty justify having a bowl game.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

I think we are still a couple of years away from hosting a bowl, but I could be wrong.  The good news is that this is a good problem to have, running out of usable dates, cause it means our stadium is finally a reality.  While the agreement does seem restrictive, I would expect nothing less from Boca.  Keep in mind, that yes, if things really start rolling for us, any agreement is only as good as the paper it's written on, everything is negotiable.  At the very least, there is always some sort of variance we could try to apply for if we need to host another event.  I'm sure once Boca starts seeing money come in, they will want to work with us so that they can get their hands on some of it. 

FAU - We got Bowls!
Back to the top
Control functions: