Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Game Day Thread: ASU vs FAU - Nov. 14th 4:00PM EST

Add topic

When: Saturday, November 14th, 4:00PM EST, Lockhart Stadium.

Internet Broadcast: Here

TV: None

Live Video: None

Live Stats: None

Team Information:

ASU Game Notes Here

Rosters and Depth Charts Here

Previous Meetings:

Back to the top

Re: Game Week Thread: ASU vs FAU - Nov. 14th 4:00PM EST

2005 was the most embarrassing game I've ever witnessed. I can't believe I convinced the bartender at The Original Steakhouse to put that game on one of the big screens. It was tough to watch..
Back to the top

TeamBeer said

2005 was the most embarrassing game I've ever witnessed. I can't believe I convinced the bartender at The Original Steakhouse to put that game on one of the big screens. It was tough to watch..

;D

I seem to recall that that game set some sort of NCAA record for lack of scoring??
Back to the top

ASU head coach Steve Roberts deflected repeated questions about his team’s quarterback situation during Monday morning’s Sun Belt coaches teleconference, saying only that the Red Wolves are evaluating everything after slumping to 2-6 overall and 1-3 in the league.
“It’s not necessarily just the one position issue,” Roberts said. “We’re looking at every position on the field, trying to find that spark to give our team the best opportunity to play passionate football.”

No Smith, and there could be no Leonard
Back to the top

Rick said

TeamBeer said

;D

I seem to recall that that game set some sort of NCAA record for lack of scoring??

0-0 at the end of the game…it was almost impressive how inept our two teams were.
Back to the top

Roberts mum on changes

Arkansas State is evaluating every position, head football coach Steve Roberts said after Tuesday’s practice, but most likely won’t announce any lineup changes before Saturday’s game at Florida Atlantic.

During Monday’s Sun Belt Conference teleconference, Roberts said the Red Wolves are “trying to find that spark to give our team the best opportunity to play passionate football.” ASU has lost six out of its last seven games going into this week’s game in Fort Lauderdale, Fla.

“We’re just evaluating everything. Changes will be made,” Roberts said Tuesday. “We’re just making sure we give everybody a fair evaluation throughout this week of practice. We’re not going to announce any changes or anything like that. We’re not going to talk about it. We’ll show those changes, if and when they occur, on Saturday.”

Full Article
Back to the top

Offensively, FAU beats Ark. State in every category
Arkansas State Red Wolves vs. Florida Atlantic Owls - Preview - November 14, 2009 - ESPN

I expect our defense to step up after a poor performance against UAB and help get us our first home win of the season.

FAU: 35 | Ark. State: 24

"FAU is on a collision course with the national championship. The only variable is time."
Back to the top

ASU Sets sights on Florida Atlantic

Even with the advent of the team functioning well in practice, the Red Wolves will still be tested this Saturday when they face Florida-Atlantic.

If Florida-Atlantic plays at the level they did earlier in the season, Roberts feels they are more than capable of doing just that.

"They've played great defense several times this year, and obviously with a couple of games here lately, they haven't played as well as they expected to play," Roberts said. "In the Middle Tennessee game, Middle Tennessee blocked two punts, but basically couldn't move the ball against them, and ULL couldn't move the ball against them."

"If you look at the UAB (against Florida-Atlantic) game from last week, they didn't play well at all, so it just depends on the games you watch. They're very capable and [they have] good players who are very capable of playing the type of defense they're accustomed, which for the past several years has been very good."

ERROR: A link was posted here (url) but it appears to be a broken link.

Full Entry
Back to the top

Game Day Thread: ASU vs FAU - Nov. 14th 4:00PM EST

TeamBeer said

That was back when both teams had defenses and less than effective offenses as well. I don't think we can expect a similar result this time around.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

ASU looks to change its ways

As eighth-year Arkansas State coach Steve Roberts puts it, he wants to change the image of his football team.

“We’ve talked a lot this week just about the evaluation process, the challenges and the passion that we have to play with in order to be successful,” Roberts said. “We’ve certainly had our share of disappointments, challenges and adversity throughout the year, and it boils down to we have to play better and play harder, with more passion, in order to have an opportunity to experience what we want — and that’s winning games.”

“I have no idea what this guy (Roberts) has up his sleeve, but I’m eager, though,” Carrington said. “After hearing the team and seeing the morale of the guys, everything is looking like we’re going come out here fired up and ready to go.”

Roberts said it’s been a tough season for his veteran quarterback, one he didn’t anticipate.

“I don’t know if there is an explanation.” Roberts said of Leonard’s play. “I know that he has put a lot on himself to carry this football team. You can see that with the effort that he’s played with. He’s not a scapegoat for us losing five games by one score or less. We’re just trying to find a spark.”

Full Entry
Back to the top
Control functions: