Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

MTSU recruits from FL

Add topic

Watching the NO Bowl, MTSU getting blown out at start 14-0, kinda like our game when we opened up quick 10-0 lead in 5 min.

Noted HOW MANY starters for MTSU are from Florida, specifilly South Florida. While we "can't afford" to recruit nationally or even seemingly regionally, they have at least seven starters stolen from OUR BACKYARD.

WE CANNOT compete every year when we have so much talent leaving here for MTSU, TROY, etc… OUR DIRECT COMPETITION, let alone by the "big boys".
And I think this year proved that! WE ARE SITTING HOME WHILE THEY STILL PLAY!

With the cash bonanza we expect to reap with playing Michigan State at "home", I say we should triple our recruiting budget and after that, apply the cash to the stadium. A good team will fill the stadium, last years team or something similiar, WILL NOT!
Back to the top

Re: MTSU recruits from FL

A lot of it has to do with the stadium. We do what we can to get our recruits to want to come to FAU but it's hard when you play at a H.S. stadium in the warehouse district of Ft. Lauderdale. Once we get the stadium on campus things will change.

Also keep in mind, some of these kids at MTSU may not have even been recruited by FAU because we didn't need any help at that position at the time. If we have Rusty as a jr. VanCamp as his back up and then Kooi and Vancamp, do we really need another QB? Same at WR or TE. We had Bonner, Gent and Jean as WRs and Harmon, Housler, Grant and Williams as TEs. Yes we are losing some of those guys this year but some of the guys at MTSU from FL may be Sophomores or Jr's

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

All good points, but ALL FOUR DB's starters are from Florida, something pointed out by the announcers!
Back to the top

MTSU recruits from FL

GeorgiaOwl said

All good points, but ALL FOUR DB's starters are from Florida, something pointed out by the announcers!

OK well then I agree with you. If there's 1 position we DO need it's DB

Back to the top

Announcer's just said MTSU has 27 players from Florida on their roster, Ouch!!

DC is Manny Diaz whose dad was Mayor of Miami, we gotta expand our recruiting base too. Look at Rutgers last night, I think 11 from Florida!
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

Announcer's just said MTSU has 27 players from Florida on their roster, Ouch!!

DC is Manny Diaz whose dad was Mayor of Miami, we gotta expand our recruiting base too. Look at Rutgers last night, I think 11 from Florida!

That's Schiano. He has his UM ties and always recruits Florida

Back to the top

And after embarassing UCF last night, probably even more. Rutgers may talk about being "disappointed" with playing in St. pete but played right into Shiano's hands. Sucks for us and everyone else from FL but UF.
Back to the top
Control functions: