Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Recruiting Tools

Add topic

I'm just curious to see what the rest of Owl country thinks. If you were in charge of recruiting, what aspect(s) would you use to convince the Talent to play for FAU?
  • [li]Location[/li]
    [li]Coaching Style[/li]
    [li]Playing Time[/li]
    [li]Program Prestige[/li]
    [li]Coach Prestige[/li]
    [li]Academics[/li]
    [li]Other[/li]
Back to the top

Re: Recruiting Tools

All of the above, and one big one you didn't list:

New Stadium
Back to the top

Well duah this is our largest recruiting tool

LOL!
Back to the top

Recruiting Tools

Funny Ninzio, LOVE THE SARCASM! And right on Rick, we need to give them LOTS of reasons to be an OWL!
Back to the top

Football in South Florida should be #1

and for a player that is a 3-4 star recruit, the fact that he can be a big fish in a small pond with immediate playing time should be huge as well

everywhere else they will just be another fish in the pond….hoping to achieve big fish status
Back to the top

I think grabbing big lineman from Iowa, shoveling him out of the snow, bringing him to Boca for the weekend, taking him to the beach on Saturday, where it'll be 75, sunny and women in bikinis all around, in freaking JANUARY, should be all the reason any red blooded american football player would come to FAU.
Back to the top

TeamBeer said

I think grabbing big lineman from Iowa, shoveling him out of the snow, bringing him to Boca for the weekend, taking him to the beach on Saturday, where it'll be 75, sunny and women in bikinis all around, in freaking JANUARY, should be all the reason any red blooded american football player would come to FAU.

Unfortunately it is January in South Florida and there is a thread on this board dedicated to complaining about how cold it is. No girls in bikinis this week.  >:(

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

I still agree with Nunzio. IF we recruited nationally, the prospect of palying or starting right away should be a draw to 3 and 4 star guys.

Look at the "big boy" schools rosters. How many 3 and 4 star recruits NEVERV SEE THE PLAYING FIELD, EVER, due to the quantity of players just competing or blocking them out of playing time.

BIG fish in a small pond over small fish in an OCEAN should have huge merit in deciding where to go when choosing a school!
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

I still agree with Nunzio. IF we recruited nationally, the prospect of palying or starting right away should be a draw to 3 and 4 star guys.

Look at the "big boy" schools rosters. How many 3 and 4 star recruits NEVERV SEE THE PLAYING FIELD, EVER, due to the quantity of players just competing or blocking them out of playing time.

BIG fish in a small pond over small fish in an OCEAN should have huge merit in deciding where to go when choosing a school!

…but you can't eat Prime Rib on a Peanut Butter & Jelly budget…
Back to the top

dont have to eat "prime rib" when your looking for something above the ground chunk grade….ground sirloin would be an improvement….

ok, meat comparisons aside.  Were not looking for 5 star or even 4-4.5, but we should be filled with 3-3.5 star talent for the fact that you will be on the field RIGHT AWAY.  Ohh yah and though were young look at what we have accomplished……

If your a slightly above average player you come here and get a good education, and some personal attention from the coaches (since youll be well above average here).  Most collegate players dont make it pro, but if your a star on this team you might be an average player someplace else…..You will get more looks for being the "star" here.
Back to the top
Control functions: