Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU moves forward with dorm for Innovation Village

Add topic

"Florida Atlantic University is one step closer to breaking ground on a $111 million student housing project in February.

The board of trustees today unanimously approved several agreements regarding the development, management and finances of the project.

The plans call for two buildings with a total of 1,218 beds in apartment-style settings. The university currently has six housing buildings with a total of 2,446 beds."

Full Story
Back to the top

Re: FAU moves forward with dorm for Innovation Village

Rick said

"The plans call for two buildings with a total of 1,218 beds in apartment-style settings. The university currently has six housing buildings with a total of 2,446 beds."

This is so incredibly important to the growth of the university. Eight stories tall… wow. That will make it the tallest building on campus!
Back to the top

Its all starting to happen ;D
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

Right when I'm about to graduate too…. ::)

Back to the top

The said

owlcountry40 said

I hear ya, I graduated when they just announced we were getting a football team and Howard was hanging around the breezeway announcing it on a stump of a log.
Back to the top

NCowl said

The said

owlcountry40 said

I hear ya, I graduated when they just announced we were getting a football team and Howard was hanging around the breezeway announcing it on a stump of a log.

Ever tried to lift that thing??  Must weight like 200 pounds…lol
Back to the top

FAU moves forward with dorm for Innovation Village

anyone getting calls from FAU for money?

I donated a little, not much like a 100 bucks to the athletic department and college of business and now they're calling quite a bit. not a big deal at all though.

i told them to call me back when the shovels are in the ground and i would donate more, maybe buy a locker.
Back to the top

Im gettting nervous again.

Its pretty much February and there is no announcement of the Devlepmental money coming in. Still nothing on the naming rights sponsor that was supposed to be a done deal back in November.

I know they had a bulldozer out there and moved some trees but it seems AWFULLY quiet.

If they have to push back again it will be in trouble for 2011.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

owlfamily said

Im gettting nervous again.

Its pretty much February and there is no announcement of the Devlepmental money coming in. Still nothing on the naming rights sponsor that was supposed to be a done deal back in November.

I know they had a bulldozer out there and moved some trees but it seems AWFULLY quiet.

If they have to push back again it will be in trouble for 2011.

I'd like to hear SOMETHING about what is going on.  UNT just started it's stadium construction cam on their website and I'm officially jealous.  This has gone on long enough.  Start building this thing already!
Back to the top

fauowls44 said

I'd like to hear SOMETHING about what is going on.  UNT just started it's stadium construction cam on their website and I'm officially jealous.  This has gone on long enough.  Start building this thing already!

It's still January. The money from Crocker isn't supposed to be coming until sometime in February and maybe as late as April… from an article about Crocker being chosen for the Innovation dorms:

"The predevelopment agreement sets an April 15, 2010, deadline to close financing of the project"

The stadium construction document timeline projects a start in June 2009 to open in August 2010, so move that forward a year and you'll see cranes on campus this summer.
Back to the top
Control functions: