Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2010 FAU Football Schedule

Add topic

Re: 2010 FAU Football Schedule

FAU put out an official release on the schedule today…all dates at the top are confirmed, with these notes added:

• FAU will play in two NFL facilities in the 2010 season.

• The team will have a home game each month, from September to December.

• They will play a home game away from Lockhart Stadium for the eighth-consecutive season.

• The team will play five games in the state of Florida and two in Alabama.

• One game will take place in an indoor facility.

• Five games will be against 2009 bowl contenders, including the last three of the season.

Sept.   4      at   UAB

Sept.   11    vs   Michigan State#

Sept.   25    vs   North Texas

Oct.    2      at   USF

Oct.    9      at   ULM

Oct.    23    at   Arkansas State

Oct.    30    vs   FIU

Nov.   6      at   Western Kentucky

Nov.   13    vs   ULL

Nov.   20    at   Texas

Nov.   27    at   Middle Tennessee

Dec.   4      vs   Troy

#FAU home game played in Detroit, MI

Dates and times are subject to change.

Source: FAU Media Relations
Back to the top

so we will be playing at dolphin stadium again?
Why don't those losers make the trip to Lockhart?
Back to the top

AlexFAU06 said

so we will be playing at dolphin stadium again?
Why don't those losers make the trip to Lockhart?

Pretty sure we WON'T be playing at Dolphin Stadium this season. NCAA rules allow for 1 home game a season to be played on a field other than your own. Since the Michigan State game is considered a home game that is our 1 home game on a field other than our own. So I'm pretty sure FIU has to come to Lockhart this year

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Man, if that's the case, why didn't we play Michigan State at Dolphin Stadium? Did we have to default to FIU if we wanted a game there? I thought the whole reasoning for playing MSU in Detroit was because we had to play FIU at Dolphin Stadium….

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top

We'll play USF in Tampa Stadium. Hoping FAU will have a great package so we can return the favor to USF and make this a game a sell out too! We get much talent from the Tampa Bay area and have ignored Tampa the past couple years. Time to get back up there and make a HUGE impact with a big win.
Back to the top

Silver_Bullet32 said

Man, if that's the case, why didn't we play Michigan State at Dolphin Stadium? Did we have to default to FIU if we wanted a game there? I thought the whole reasoning for playing MSU in Detroit was because we had to play FIU at Dolphin Stadium….

MSU would have played us at Dolphin Stadium.  The reason we are doing it in Detroit is so we make $2M-$3M.  A home game at Dolphin stadium would make us very little due to the lack of our fan base.  We get the gate money as the home team in Detroit, and fill the stadium with MSU fans.  For all the grief our athletics program receives for not raising money and all the other ridiculous accusations, this is truly thinking outside the box and a very smart decision.  We need a stadium, and to get a stadium we need money, and this is a way to help that.  Hats off to Angelos for getting more money in one game than we probably will in a season at Lockhart.

Jab is correct, you can only have 1 "home" game away from your home stadium so FIU will be in Lockhart.  We may have to pay a penalty to Dolphin stadium, but that is covered with the extra money from Detroit. The 2 NFL stadiums are as stated, Detroit, and Tampa.
Back to the top

We can possibly win 8 or 9 games this year. What's your take on this. " We will go bowling again in twenty ten as stated by the players". 8)
Back to the top

Spring football is one day closer. 8)
Back to the top

burrowing said

We can possibly win 8 or 9 games this year. What's your take on this. " We will go bowling again in twenty ten as stated by the players". 8)

There is the possibility of 8 wins, but I need to see consistency before I hang my hat on a winning season. Too many mistakes and inconsistent play kept FAU out of the bowl picture last season. Hopefully 2010 is a turnaround year for FAU.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

SPRING FOOTBALL IS ONE DAY CLOSER. :o
Back to the top
Control functions: