Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Interview with Rusty Smith

Add topic

FAU dialed in Rusty Smith for a quick phone interview following the Spring Game…here's what he had to say:

On the call to become a Titan

"About two minutes before (the call) it came across the screen, they called and asked 'how would you like to be a Tennessee Titan', and I said 'I'd love to be a Titan' ''.

"I got a chance to talk with all the coaches and the president of the Titans and we were able to celebrate a little bit."

"Now I'm going to their rookie mini-camp on Thursday, so It's going to be a three day mini-camp and that's what we're doing now."

On the Titans

"I think I fit well with the coaches.  I got along well with them.  Their system is very similar to what we run here at FAU. They use a lot of two tight ends; which we do the same as well. I think I'll be able to get there and learn a lot, and hopefully contribute down the line."

On receiving the phone call

"When I saw an area code that I didn't recognize pop-up, and Tennessee was on the clock I was like 'this has to be it'. So my heart started racing.  My adrenaline was just racing."

What he will be doing to celebrate

"My grandparents are having a cook-out at their house and we're inviting anyone who wants to come."

On being the first Owl to get drafted and possibly starting a trend

"I sure hope so.  FAU is definitely going to get better as years progress.  I hope that I was able to open a door and future players continue to walk through it."

Back to the top

Re: Interview with Rusty Smith

Interview with Rusty Smith

Rick said

"I think I fit well with the coaches.  I got along well with them.  Their system is very similar to what we run here at FAU. They use a lot of two tight ends; which we do the same as well. I think I'll be able to get there and learn a lot, and hopefully contribute down the line."

On receiving the phone call

"When I saw an area that I didn't recognize pop-up, and Tennessee was on the clock I was like 'this has to be it'. So my heart started racing.  My adrenaline was just racing."

What he will be doing to celebrate

]"My grandparents are having a cook-out at their house and we're inviting anyone who wants to come."

On being the first Owl to get drafted and possibly starting a trend

"I sure hope so.  FAU is definitely going to get better as year's progress.  I hope that I was able to open a door and future players continue to walk through it."

Class Act!

What's the address for the Cook-Out?  I'll leave NC now and be there in 11 hours ;)
Back to the top
Control functions: