Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

JUCO Wide Receiver offers pledge to 2010 Recruiting Class

Add topic

Re: JUCO Wide Receiver offers pledge to 2010 Recruiting Class

owlfan1 said

I think FAU is going to start to find that bringing in JUCO guys who can play right away will give the team a real competitive advantage. So many great high school players go the JUCO route, mature both physically and more importantly mentally, and then turn into great college players. I would like to see FAU start to look more at JUCOs as an option for adding talent in areas of need.

GO OWLS!!!

Agree,

But I dont want to go the Troy route of oversigning and plugging people into the JUCO system. If we have a need and 2-3 guys are out there thats great. Just dont want to make that our recuriting basis.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

owlfamily said

owlfan1 said

I think FAU is going to start to find that bringing in JUCO guys who can play right away will give the team a real competitive advantage. So many great high school players go the JUCO route, mature both physically and more importantly mentally, and then turn into great college players. I would like to see FAU start to look more at JUCOs as an option for adding talent in areas of need.

GO OWLS!!!

Agree,

But I dont want to go the Troy route of oversigning and plugging people into the JUCO system. If we have a need and 2-3 guys are out there thats great. Just dont want to make that our recuriting basis.

just curious why you would oppose the Troy route it seems to work
Back to the top

owlmart said

I think that strategy is about to get closed down. Weve all seen the SEC and even the NCAA put limits now (REAL limits not this Grayshirt loophole stuff) on number of signees.

It was a great strategy and Troy used it to great effectiveness but I dont think its going to be viable any more.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

What I think FAU should do is take players that made the mistake of leaving Florida to go to Iowa State, Minnesota, etc with open arms. 

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

owlfamily said

owlmart said

I think that strategy is about to get closed down. Weve all seen the SEC and even the NCAA put limits now (REAL limits not this Grayshirt loophole stuff) on number of signees.

It was a great strategy and Troy used it to great effectiveness but I dont think its going to be viable any more.

Okay I see…but in a situation like this yr I'd love to have a Juco O-linemen or 2…I think we are great at producing talent in certain areas QB. WR. TE, etc but on the defensive side I wish we looked to Juco a little more…didnt we have a 3 star CB a couple yrs ago who ended up going to a JUCO for academic reasons then we just kinda gave up on him.
Back to the top

It makes sense to take JUCOs to fill needs, not to simply fill the roster. If there is a hole that needs to be plugged bring in a JUCO to the job. (I know I am setting you up with this one Walty  ;))

I have seen many an occasion where a JUCO or transfer comes in and makes a huge impact right away. Southern Illinois, a perennial 1AA powerhouse seems to always bring in guys to fill needs. Whether they are transfers from bigger programs or JUCO programs. They come in, compete, and in most cases see the field right away and make a tremendous impact. These are difference makes, not guys who just fill space on the roster.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Grey Shirt, Red Shirt.
Juco, or out of state transfer.
Tall, or a little Short.

I Don't Care.

Fly the kid down, get him in the locker room with Payne, and put pads on the kid.  Get him on the field and lets see what he can do….

Love what the new coaching staff is doing…apparently no one was real happy with the product that was on the field this past Spring…and they are making changes, hopefully to make us better.
Back to the top

Love it!
Back to the top

JUCO Wide Receiver offers pledge to 2010 Recruiting Class

Nice, more speed and seems to have really good hands. Small but not afraid to cross the middle!!! A player!!!!!
Back to the top

Nice to see that he returns kicks as well.  Hopefully he'll be Forrest Gump good on those.
Back to the top
Control functions: