Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Rusty looking sharp for Titans

Add topic

Rusty Smith looking sharp | Titans Insider

Receiver Kenny Britt was involved in two big plays for the offense in a 2-minute period on Thursday, but the guy throwing the passes looked pretty good himself – rookie Rusty Smith.

Smith hooked up with Britt on a deep ball down the right sideline, and then found him open in the end zone a play later.

A sixth round draft pick out of Florida Atlantic, Smith has been impressive in camp, and during the offseason.

“Rusty knows what he’s doing and he’s throwing the ball well,’’ Coach Jeff Fisher said. “He’s picked up things.  This offense is not an easy offense to learn initially.  He hasn’t struggled with it whatsoever.  He’s spent the extra time and has made good decisions.”
Back to the top

Re: Rusty looking sharp for Titans

"This offense is not an easy offense to learn initially.  He hasn’t struggled with it whatsoever."

That's because he is an OWL and he received a great education from a great university ;D  GO RUSTY & GO OWLS ;)
Back to the top

Playing in a pro-style offense also helped. Only wish my Patriots had snatched him up, worked him out twice there was INTEREST!!!!!
Back to the top

Unfortuantely Willie Roses Injury cost him

He was cut today.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Video Interview with Rusty…

Tennesee Titans Flex Packs on sale now!

;D

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

;D x 2

A point of consideration for all future FAU QB recruits:

"It was a lot easier because I played in a pro-style offense in high school and in college, so it was much easier that if I was in a spread."

Approximately 30-35% of the teams this year will employ the pro-style attack.

Not going to spoil it, but look into how many of those teams finished in the top 40 last year.

The correlation is no surprise.
Back to the top

owlfamily said

Unfortuantely Willie Roses Injury cost him. He was cut today.

"The Titans waived/injured fullback Willie Rose on Thursday. He was on the Physically Unable to Perform list with a back injury."

If he got waived because of his injury, clearly the Titans coaching staff thinks he will be out for a while.

Unfortunately, I don't expect to see him on an NFL this season.
Back to the top

Rusty looking sharp for Titans

OWL4EVER said

"This offense is not an easy offense to learn initially.  He hasn’t struggled with it whatsoever."

That's because he is an OWL and he received a great education from a great university ;D  GO RUSTY & GO OWLS ;)

Right, that is EXACTLY why you should want to play for Howard.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Rusty got some time at the end of yesterday's practice with two noted throws, one that threaded the needle and one was picked:

Rookies go live at end of Titans practice
Back to the top

Should we expect to see him get some playing time during the preseason games?
Back to the top
Control functions: