Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Kerry Collins injured, Rusty back up QB

Add topic

NASHVILLE, Tenn. – The Tennessee Titans just keep doing the quarterback shuffle due to injuries, and now it's Vince Young whose left sprained ankle is healthy enough for him to start with backup Kerry Collins missing a game due to a strained left calf.

Coach Jeff Fisher said Monday an MRI exam showed the strained calf for Collins. That means rookie Rusty Smith will back up Young on Sunday when the Washington Redskins visit.

Full Story

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Re: Kerry Collins injured, Rusty back up QB

Go Rusty!

Hope he gets a chance…
Back to the top

Vince Young was hurt last game and had to be replaced by Collins. Young did return to the game but he's been banged up last few weeks.

Is it wrong to hope he gets hurt at least for part of the game lol

Back to the top

If they go up by a nice amount of points late, it is not far fetched to think they might put Rusty in to test him some more?

He just needs to step foot on the turf during the regular season so that we can say we have a former QB who has "played" in the NFL…

Haven't done the research, but how many other current SBC programs can say that??
Back to the top

Rick said

If they go up by a nice amount of points late, it is not far fetched to think they might put Rusty in to test him some more?

He just needs to step foot on the turf during the regular season so that we can say we have a former QB who has "played" in the NFL…

Haven't done the research, but how many other current SBC programs can say that??

Jake Delhomme played at ULL

Jake Christopher Delhomme (born January 10, 1975 in Breaux Bridge, Louisiana) is an American football quarterback for the Cleveland Browns of the National Football League. Delhomme played college football at Louisiana-Lafayette, before being signed by the New Orleans Saints as an undrafted free agent in 1997

Wikipedia Entry

We might be able to say we have the only QB from a Sunbelt school to be drafted and play in an NFL game

Back to the top

Rick said

ULM has Bubby Brister, Stan Humphries, and Doug Pederson. MT has Kelly Holcomb. All of these, though, were not during the SBC years. I think Troy's QB is still on a roster.
Back to the top

Yeah Troys QB is still in Buffalo. 3rd string QB. I don't know if Delhomme was at ULM in their sunbelt years either

Back to the top

Kerry Collins injured, Rusty back up QB

Jab979 said

Yeah Troys QB is still in Buffalo. 3rd string QB. I don't know if Delhomme was at ULM in their sunbelt years either

Jake played for the Cajuns, but not during the SBC years. We at MT also had Jonathan Quinn, who played sparingly as a starter at Kansas City about 10 years ago.

Hope Rusty gets to play, too, since I'm a Titans season ticket holder.

I've seen a few "Rusty" Titans jerseys already.
Back to the top

The Titans blog says, they might bring Simms back in, Collins will be out a while.
Back to the top

That should drive the Titans fans crazy.

MANY of them on thier board said they would rather have Rusty give it a shot then Simms.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top
Control functions: