Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Hialeah Linebacker Receives FAU Offer

Add topic

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Wooten impresses at Owls developmental camp

Gary Wooten came into FAU’s development camp looking for his first offer. The Owls’ coaching staff made that happen, by extending a scholarship bid to the athletic linebacker Sunday afternoon.

Working out in front of the FAU coaches for just the second time, Wooten showed off all the skills that have given him a “sleeper” tag by his high school coaches.

Full Story
Back to the top

Re: Hialeah Linebacker Receives FAU Offer

Wooten looks to have the skills and the speed, however he seems to be a little on the small size for a OLB (muscle mass wise).  Looks more like a WR or DB to me.  My suggestion to Wooten is to hit the weights this summer so that you can run with the big dogs.  Best of Luck Wooten and hopefully we seal the deal next week.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

OWL4EVER said

Wooten looks to have the skills and the speed, however he seems to be a little on the small size for a OLB (muscle mass wise).  Looks more like a WR or DB to me.  My suggestion to Wooten is to hit the weights this summer so that you can run with the big dogs.  Best of Luck Wooten and hopefully we seal the deal next week.

GO OWLS!

His high school coach raved about his broad shoulders and said one day he will be at 230-235 pounds. He said Wooten had been hitting the weight room hard, putting on 20+ pounds in the offseason before spring ball.

But your right, hopefully he can put on that weight and fill out!
Back to the top

Hialeah Linebacker Receives FAU Offer

Look here, Wooten is all of the sudden listed as a three-star on Rivals.com...

Guess thats what happens when the "big school" offers come in.

Remember FAU was one of the first to offer back in the summer.

Back to the top
Control functions: