Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Poll: Stars & Recruiting

Add topic

What is your take on the star rankings of Scout & Rivals?

Stars don't matter, Ted said so!
Stars do matter, where are our 4* players?

You must select between 1 and 25 options

I understand they can gauge the higher sought after recruits, but there just is too much talent to evaluate every kid. Do I like being on the bottom of the recruiting lists… NO, but scout also says we have signed like 8 recruits, so kinda shows what they know, and how much they care.

Someone else on another board pointed out that team message boards hosted on rivals get more recruiting coverage… FAUowlsnest is not, so rivals cares less about the Owls.

This is a big debate every year, so I Just want to see where everyone stands.
Back to the top

Re: Stars & Recruiting

I go with what Ted says.
Seriously, when you get beyond the blue-chip, 5-star guys, those "experts" area really just guessing.
FAU coaches' jobs depend on finding the right kids and knowing who can play and who can't.
Look at North Texas for an example of what happens when you have coaches who can't tell a D-I kid from a D-II kid.
And I go back to this: How many stars did Rusty Smith, Jeff Van Camp, Lester Jean and Rob Housler have?
They all could be in the NFL next year….

/ ted
Back to the top

Um…….

FAU has more coverage than any other program in the conference…it's actually insane how much.

But it has nothing to do with rivals…
Back to the top

Poll: Stars & Recruiting

Rick said

Um…….

FAU has more coverage than any other program in the conference…it's actually insane how much.

But it has nothing to do with rivals…

Scout doesn't even list us as a college Rick.  As far as recruiting sites go we get absolutely zero coverage.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Re: Poll: Stars & Recruiting

NCowl said

I understand they can gauge the higher sought after recruits, but there just is too much talent to evaluate every kid. Do I like being on the bottom of the recruiting lists… NO, but scout also says we have signed like 8 recruits, so kinda shows what they know, and how much they care.

Someone else on another board pointed out that team message boards hosted on rivals get more recruiting coverage… FAUowlsnest is not, so rivals cares less about the Owls.

This is a big debate every year, so I Just want to see where everyone stands.

Stop stealing my idea's from the 'Belt board.  ;) ;D ;)

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Ted said

I go with what Ted says.
Seriously, when you get beyond the blue-chip, 5-star guys, those "experts" area really just guessing.
FAU coaches' jobs depend on finding the right kids and knowing who can play and who can't.
Look at North Texas for an example of what happens when you have coaches who can't tell a D-I kid from a D-II kid.
And I go back to this: How many stars did Rusty Smith, Jeff Van Camp, Lester Jean and Rob Housler have?
They all could be in the NFL next year….

/ ted

I tend to agree Ted, except that FAU has gone backwards in terms of winning football over the past two years. I dont expect a confrence championship and bowl every year, but I DO expect to be in the running for it. And by in the running for it I dont mean backing into it.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Back to the top

walty12 said

Scout doesn't even list us as a college Rick.

??

FAU Scout Page

Back to the top

where you finding that Rick?  On the scout.com website under "List of colleges" FAU isn't on there.

College Team Directory Front Page

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

walty12 said

where you finding that Rick?  On the scout.com website under "List of colleges" FAU isn't on there.

College Team Directory Front Page

Ancient Chinese Secret…….

;D
Back to the top
Control functions: