Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Rob Housler Fastest TE at Combine

Add topic

That should surely help his draft status. His official time is a 4.55 40 good for 1st. Only 1 other player was sub 4.6, Jordan Cameron from USC ran 4.59

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Re: Rob Housler Fastest TE at Combine

Rob Housler Fastest TE at Combine

yeah, he's looking pretty good in the drills too. Unfortunately the announcers are showing minimal love, talking about the these TE are all used to plying in the spread. If they would have done some work, they could have mentioned Housler's Pro Set experience. But great job on Housler…way to represent!
Back to the top

Actually after he's been kicking butt in the recent drills the guys said I gotta go see tape of Florida Atlantic, Housler is looking really good and he was the fastest TE. So they are giving him some love, granted if Housler was at UNC or even UM they wouldn't stop talking about him and he'd be a 1st round pick but good job Housler! Keep up the good work

Back to the top

He did an outstanding job. He made them talk about FAU.
Back to the top

Looks like he put on 30lbs which is what the scouts were looking at since one of the biggest knocks was his size and not being able to block.

http://www.patspulpit.com/2011/2/26/2017141/saturday-nfl-combine-open-thread

Robert Housler, from Florida Atlantic, is a relatively unknown player, but he's 6'5, 250 lbs. Dude can catch the ball and he was possibly the best receiving tight end, not named D.J. Williams. He has the college statistics to show that he can catch the ball and he's bulked up 30 pounds since the football season, which shows he wants to be a stronger in-line blocker, yet the weight hasn't impacted his speed since he ran the fastest 40 time out of tight ends. He's a mid-round player and I think he'll be a great player in the future.

Back to the top

This site (http://www.draftsite.com/nfl/mock-draft/2011/round5) predicts Housler getting drafted late in the 5th round by Atlanta

It doesn't predict anything for JVC or Lester Jean
Back to the top

The fastest TE last year was drafted in the 7th round
Back to the top

Housler will be drafted before the 7th round.  He hopefully more in the 4th, 5th round range. 
Back to the top

Overall its a weak draft class especially at TE he should be a mid rounder
Back to the top

He had a very good combine and it has been writen that if he did he would shoot up the draft baord, I think now a 3rd round choice is very possible!

What I honestly don't get is how Jernigan is rated so high at WR. Very small (height and weight) and not really all that fast. Looking at him to be a slot possesion type receiver who can break a few short passes into big gains. In my mind he will get killed by NFL corners, safties after the catch. Did'nt do shit vs. us this year either! I would take Jean over him in a minute!
Back to the top
Control functions: