Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2011 NIT Game Thread: FAU vs Miami - 03/16/11 @ 7:30 PM

Add topic

What: FAU (21-10) vs Miami (19-14)

When: Wednesday, Mar. 16th @ 7:30 PM EST

Where: BankUnited Center

TV: None

Live Video: ESPN3.com

Internet Broadcast: Here

Live Stats: Here

UM Team Site: Here

Notes:

The Hurricanes enjoy a 19-1 all-time series lead over the Owls, most recently winning an 87-69 decision on Dec. 19, 2009 at the BankAtlantic Center in the Orange Bowl Basketball Classic.

Miami is making its fifth postseason appearance in seven seasons under Head Coach Frank Haith.

The Owls' will make their second since participating in the 2002 NCAA Tournament (A-Sun). However, it is the 15th for Mike Jarvis as a Head Coach (6 NIT).

The FAU coaching staff has a combined career postseason record of 46-28 (.622) including 2 NCAA championships and 2 NIT championships in 32 total appearances.

The winner of Wednesday's contest will advance to the second round of the NIT to take on the winner of Missouri State and Murray State.

Latest Line:

UM - 11.5
Back to the top

Re: 2011 NIT Game Thread: FAU vs Miami - 03/16/11 @ 7:30 PM

11.5 is being generous. I'd take that bet

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

A Big thanks goes out to Bob Markey, who will be covering the game live!

Thanks Bob!
Back to the top

Per FAU:

Tickets for the 2011 NIT featuring Florida Atlantic and Miami begin at $10. Tickets can be purchased in person, but it is suggested to purchase in advance by calling 1-800-Go-Canes or on-line via Ticketmaster.com.

FAU Athletics is also offering a transportation package. Interested fans need to make a reservation by calling 561-297-0014. The package will include roundtrip transportation and a ticket. The bus will depart from the Tom Oxley Center at 5 p.m. and will return at the conclusion of the contest. Fans need to reserve a spot as it will be on a first come, first serve basis. The cost for the roundtrip package is $25/$40 depending on your seating choice.

If not purchasing the transportation package, please request your seat to be located in the FAU section at the time of the purchase to assure you are cheering with the Owls. The section behind the FAU bench is sections 120 - 122. FAU Marching Owls will be in 114.
Back to the top

2011 NIT Game Thread: FAU vs Miami - 03/16/11 @ 7:30 PM

Per Student Body President Ayden Maher on Face Book, there is FREE bus ride available for students who want to attend the game without driving down…he is also asking for a dress code:

FAU Student Government will be sponsoring a FREE bus ride down to UM tomorrow for FAU @ UM (NIT game).

Bus will depart from out front of the union. Please arrive early and have your Owl card. Seats are only available to the first 50 students. If needed we will try to get another bus

Students will have to purchase tickets at the box office for $10. Make sure to come down to Coral Gables and support the FAU Owls!! **WEAR RED**
Back to the top

Awesome. I'm going to be at work but on my 10 min breaks I'll be checking in to see the score so please keep the thread updated.

You can watch the ESPN3.com after the event for like 24 hours, right? They keep it around to re-watch…?
Back to the top

owlcountry said

You can watch the ESPN3.com after the event for like 24 hours, right? They keep it around to re-watch…?

They usually do…hopefully this game won't be any different…….
Back to the top

Rick said

The winner of Wednesday's contest will advance to the second round of the NIT to take on the winner of Missouri State and Murray State.

"Missouri State’s basketball season will continue for at least another game.

Jermaine Mallett scored a career-high 23 points as the Bears beat Murray State 89-76 tonight in a first-round National Invitation Tournament game before 5,089 fans at JQH Arena."

Bears Beat Racers
Back to the top

Jab979 said

11.5 is being generous. I'd take that bet

Apperantly so would others…now down to 10.5…opened at 12
Back to the top

I wish I could make it to the game, but I'll be watching on-line.  I'm hearing there is a strong Owls presence in Coral Gables tonight(including one legendary football coach).  GO OWLS!!
Back to the top
Control functions: