Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Housler to Cardinals in 3rd round!!

Add topic

Congrats Rob!
Back to the top

Re: Housler to Cardinals in 3rd round!!

Who hoo!

69th pick overall!

Go Rob!
Back to the top

Shocked but very happy for him...judging by the QBs that are left I think JVC has a chance in the later rds
Back to the top

owlmart said

Shocked but very happy for him…judging by the QBs that are left I think JVC has a chance in the later rds

Agree…Think he will go!
Back to the top

owlmart said

Shocked but very happy for him…judging by the QBs that are left I think JVC has a chance in the later rds

I agree.  I'm kind of shocked he went so high.  I guess I'll never be an NFL scout.  Rob's a great athlete, but I thought Jason Harmon was the better TE of the two and he went undrafted and is struggling to find a spot on an NFL roster.

Anyway, I'd like to see JVC and Jean get picked tomorrow.  GO OWLS!
Back to the top

"I'm really thrilled for Rob. As I have said in the past, Rob may be the most talented tight end that I have coached. He made the unselfish decision to sit out his senior year in order for FAU to have a better tight end situation in 2010. I hope that his unselfishness paid off with more experience, more time to develop, and thus a better opportunity in this year's draft."

- Schnellenberger via Twitter on Housler's being drafted

Back to the top

Congrats to Rob! Gotta catch some Cardinal games.  I also hope JVC is selected tomorrow.
Back to the top

fauowls44 said

I'm kind of shocked he went so high.  I guess I'll never be an NFL scout.  Rob's a great athlete, but I thought Jason Harmon was the better TE of the two and he went undrafted and is struggling to find a spot on an NFL roster.

You can't teach 4.5 speed and you can't teach 6-5…he was a guy that, at the sake of trending offenses, didn't get any respect heading into college.

Now that he has played for a pro-style offense and has the athletic tools needed, he enters a different market that recognizes other attributes and rewards them accordingly - with a much better opportunity.

He's going to need to develop in some areas though.

Harmon:

Was simply too small for the league, IMO. Fit the tweener spot perfectly in college, but you can't do that in the league.

Back to the top

Housler to Cardinals in 3rd round!!

You're right in your assessment Rick, Housler is 250lbs, strong and is as fast as many WRs in the NFL.

Harmon was clutch, but didn't fit size-wise.

Of note…Housler came to FAU with ZERO offers elsewhere, ZERO stars, he was a nobody. Doesn't seem like we're being left behind in the NFL draft party anymore!
Back to the top

Congrats to Rob!
Back to the top
Control functions: