Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Stadium Naming Rights

Add topic

Re: Stadium Naming Rights

Silver_Bullet32 said

I heard at one time that a financial institution was interested in the naming rights, but I guess that fell though

Yeah, with all the banks and financial institutions competing down here it just doens't make sense that we cant sell the naming rights.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Working in that industry I can tell you that things are JUST starting to get better for the banking industry.

Consumer confidence is slowly coming back as banks have cost cut and worked hard to restore thier image.  Yes at one time it would of been a no brainer for a USB, RBC, etc to pony up for naming rights. Now try to explain a $20 million dollar sponsorship to your shareholders after you have seen your stock hit rock bottom and you had to borrow money from the Tax Payers to fix your greed.

It would still be financial suicide right now, but give it another year or 2 and it MIGHT be feasible.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

My understanding is that FAU had a verbal agreement with a financial institution during the down economy.  The main advocate was the CEO.  The company was bought out in the middle of negotiation and the CEO was out the door, along with the agreement to name the stadium.
Back to the top

Stadium Naming Rights

Im not even talking about just banks.  How about Edward Jones, Fidelety, etc.  Those guys compete for the rich folks money day in and day out down here.

Back to the top

When tossing out all of these pie in the sky sponsor thoughts, ask yourself, what do we offer the sponsor? What added value is given to the sponsor's brand for naming rights?

This is a tough sell right now.
Back to the top

SigEp77 said

When tossing out all of these pie in the sky sponsor thoughts, ask yourself, what do we offer the sponsor? What added value is given to the sponsor's brand for naming rights?

We could probably get their name to change colors on the scoreboard like the palm trees.  ;D

FAU - We got Bowls!
Back to the top

SigEp77 said

Name recognition in Boca Raton, FL is not a tough sell.

Back to the top

The fact that thousands of people drive by the stadium on 95 on a daily basis. Having your name up there for all to see would be huge

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Yeah but is it 20 million huge
Back to the top

So take 10M for a shorter term, build the program and up the ante BIG TIME at renewal time! And put 10% of that each year for recruiting budget upgrade to get the seats filled, win games and no problem getting the bump up later!
Back to the top
Control functions: