Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

First 2012 commit - DL Shalom Ogbanda

Add topic

Its early but its great to have the ball rolling, young raw talent I think he'll be a great addition to the defensive line in a few yrs…A couple other positives would be he's an out of state recruit which means were trying and Rivals finally updated our logo.

Shalom Ogbonda - Yahoo! Sports
Back to the top

Re: First 2012 commit

Very nice!
Back to the top

He had offers from ULL and UVA amongst others. Looks to be a good addition, but until he signs that piece of paper and steps foot on campus, don't get your hopes up

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Jab979 said

He had offers from ULL and UVA amongst others. Looks to be a good addition, but until he signs that piece of paper and steps foot on campus, don't get your hopes up
yup to have so many offers as a junior is impressive…If he makes it onto campus that would be great but if UT or OU comes knockin….we still tried
Back to the top

owlmart said

Jab979 said

yup to have so many offers as a junior is impressive…If he makes it onto campus that would be great but if UT or OU comes knockin….we still tried

Agreed. Sometimes these kids stay partial to the first school that offered them. I wouldn't say we don't have a shot, it may be a small one, but you never know. I like to see that at least they aren't waiting around. Can't knock em for trying, they're doing their best and trying to get kids to commit early.

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Soft verbal?

Not putting any stock in that one…
Back to the top

"I verbally committed to Florida Atlantic. It's not final, but it's top for me right now."

Back to the top

Rick said

"I verbally committed to Florida Atlantic. It's not final, but it's top for me right now."

The scholar in me would call that a contradiction but the football fan understands…especially if we have a horrible season and some other schools come knockin…but really even if he said "I'm going to FAU that's it its final no one can change my mind" it wouldn't be any different…In the words of Chris Rock "A man is only as faithful as his options" I think it applies to football as well
Back to the top

owlmart said

Rick said

The scholar in me would call that a contradiction but the football fan understands…especially if we have a horrible season and some other schools come knockin…but really even if he said "I'm going to FAU that's it its final no one can change my mind" it wouldn't be any different…In the words of Chris Rock "A man is only as faithful as his options" I think it applies to football as well

Pretty much, but I can think of a few who comitted last year which said totally different things, and showed up…

Bottom line, IF this guy shows up, we'll see how good he is when he takes the field…he's raw at best right now.
Back to the top

First 2012 commit - DL Shalom Ogbanda

Rivals now listing him as a 3-star recruit, great start and hope we keep him and and 10 more! Go Owls!
Back to the top
Control functions: