Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

AWESOME news coverage of the new res halls

Add topic

AWESOME news coverage of the new res halls

This is some darn good publicity for FAU..

WPEC-TV CBS12 News :: - Error - Page Not Found
Back to the top

Re: AWESOME news coverage of the new res halls

"FAU had a record number of freshman applications this year. But out of nearly 25,000 hopefuls, only 3,200 got in."

ehh I'm pretty sure more than that got accepted those are just the ones who enrolled am I  correct?
Back to the top

owlmart said

"FAU had a record number of freshman applications this year. But out of nearly 25,000 hopefuls, only 3,200 got in."

ehh I'm pretty sure more than that got accepted those are just the ones who enrolled am I  correct?

Ya.
Back to the top

owlmart said

Yes. Otherwise we'd have ~13% acceptance rate.

Last year's numbers, for comparison:

FTIC (freshmen)  Applied: 14,436 / Accepted: 7,324 (51%) / Registered 2,622
Transfers Applied: 9,373 / Admitted: 5,816 (62% - keep in mind that according to Florida law, certain transfers are basically automatic acceptances)
Overall (Undergrad and Graduate) Applied: 27,733
Overall Admitted 14,929 (54%)

Then again, maybe the 25,000 is only FTIC applications. From 14,436 to 25,000 in one year? Could be.

I'm sure… faufosho?… can clarify.
Back to the top

Great news report and they actually act interested and excited for the school and kids. Love this photo;

WPEC-TV CBS12 News :: - Error - Page Not Found

Stadium in the background is a nice touch don't you think?

A college education and football in paradise, who would'nt want to come here now? ;D
Back to the top

We had roughly a 35% acceptance rate. We also have more transfers than ever before I think too…I was kinda sleepy in the meeting,lol. I do know that for Summer/Fall for Freshman and Transfers we had about 45,000 applications.
Back to the top

FAUfasho said

We had roughly a 35% acceptance rate… I do know that for Summer/Fall for Freshman and Transfers we had about 45,000 applications.

Whoa!
Back to the top

A completely new campus since I graduated in '91. 
Back to the top

According to a recent news article, FAU had 24,600 freshmen applications alone… and 8,000 transfer applications. That must just be for the Fall.

But damn, compare that to a year ago… good stuff!

One thing the university really needs to do now is foster a stronger connection to the city. I posted before about the City Council member who mentioned a meeting with the University Architect Tom Donaudy about the possibility of converting 20th street into being more "university-centric" and that would be huge - our own little downtown that's walkable from campus.

I know the Innovation Village retail will come online soon to help give a little more of a "college town" feeling but it won't have bars, clubs, hookah joints, etc that students want.

Oh, in other news, a developer is going to be tearing down the Boca Strikes bowling alley down the street in the next year or so to make way for a massive billion-dollar development including a boutique hotel, high-end retail and specialty shops… which Boca clearly doesn't have enough of. What this means for FAU is that when we build the next Student Union, we should seriously consider putting in a bowling alley.
Back to the top

Since the new dorms were a success and there were no problems filling the dorms, has anyone heard of plans to jump right into phase II?

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top
Control functions: