Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Punting Prospect

Add topic

This is a season old. Red shirted this year and a pet project for a 9 year all pro punter who is the behind the scenes guy for several leading pro and college punters.  The kid has put on 24 pounds of muscle weight and has taken full advantage of the development year.  This kid has crazy hang time and great distance. I hope we take a serious look at him.
Back to the top

Re: Punting Prospect

Send a DVD to FAU's recruiting office, see what happens.
Back to the top

Lets hope this position isn't so important for us going forward  ::)

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Punting Prospect

walty12 said

Lets hope this position isn't so important for us going forward  ::)

+1
Back to the top

Not too bad, it would be appropriate too as UGA keeps signing it's kickers from Florida (current K Blair Walsh went to Cardinal Gibbons in Ft.L).
Back to the top

Looks like this could become a reality I'm told.
Link is a season old.
He's regularly in the high 4's to 5.0 plus HT range with mid to upper 40 yard averages.

Back to the top

No matter what our prior regime thought of it, punting is an EXTEMELY important weapon to both the offense AND the defense as it sets the field posiotion battle which you obviously want in your favor. that long hang time gets you better coverage, shorter returns and MANY more balls downed inside to opponents 20 or even better 10! This kidd kicks well but will probably have tospeed up his "release", a little too deliberate now. Hell, we had four blocked this year we can't do much worse than that, and that is the reason Groody is not getting any post season honors and will not get drafted - maybe not even a free agent try out!
Back to the top
Control functions: