Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

More west coast offers...

Add topic

Link

Florida Atlantic head coach Carl Pelini hit the recruiting trail last week and offered several local standouts. Fort Myers running back Dalvin Battle and Island Coast athlete Willie Fleming both received scholarship offers and are in the process of setting up official visits.

Battle is also getting attention from several other BCS schools, including Clemson. The new FAU head coach is saying all the right things and claims to want a roster full of Florida players. That was not always the case with coach Howard Schnellenberger, and I expect to see them recruiting harder in the 239 going forward. FAU has a new on-campus stadium that has just been built and the program appears to be ready to take off.

Dalvin Battle: 2 Star Rivals.
Tim Wall - Yahoo! Sports

Willie Fleming: 2 star Rivals

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Re: More west coast offers...

I dont like the idea of only Florida players at all.  Besides, dont we have verbals from 4 or 5 out of state guys already?

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

owlfamily said

The new FAU head coach is saying all the right things and claims to want a roster full of Florida players. That was not always the case with coach Howard Schnellenberger …

What? Really?
Writer's credibility, -1

President of the No Homers Club. Keepin' it real since 2001.
Back to the top

walty12 said

I dont like the idea of only Florida players at all.  Besides, dont we have verbals from 4 or 5 out of state guys already?

Well he didnt say only, he did say FULL.

But I agree with Candian Owl. FAU always had rosters very full of Florida players.

This though shows me that this area WASNT heavliy canvasd by our previous regime because they didnt know that. It does indicate that Carl and Staff are actively talking and interacting with people.

Its nothing but good new IMHO.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

I just read a nice piece from the Palm Beach Post on Pelini and the recruiting so far.

http://us.lrd.yahoo.com/_ylt=AgN97UZtUma93k26AtXe16kcvrYF/SIG=161s0ko43/EXP=1325683802/**http%3A//www.palmbeachpost.com/sports/owls/faus-carl-pelini-dives-into-recruiting-and-has-gone-from-no-board-to-a-very-very-deep-one-in-no-time-2043550.html%3Fcxtype=ynews_rss

I LOVE the comment on how he already has verbals from as many Palm Beach County players that we got in the PRIOR 4 YEARS COMBINED! That tells you why we sucked and why we have such a hard time selling tickets - no local community involvement with the team (unless pissing off local parents and pee wee players counts).
Back to the top

Clarification - The decision to "piss off local parents and pee wee players" came from the Athletic Department - NOT the football staff.  We only solved PART of the problem by getting rid of the football staff. MANY of the things that were wrong with the program are still in place in the front office and ticket office.  Need to clean out the dead wood in the Athletic Department too!
Back to the top

More west coast offers...

True but I consider us all (admin, athletic dept, coaches, players, band, cheer squad, alumni, fans)as a group, after all WE ARE FAU!

By the way, anyone have any idea what FAU has done to make that situation with the pee wees right? Nothhing that I have heard of or if something was done, how about some release stating this as we left a HUGE NEGATIVE impression on not just Boca but S. Florida!

Don't ignore it and hope it goes away, do the right thing and address and face up to your screw-ups!
Back to the top

MJ said she was going to make this right, I doubt she will drop the ball.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

I would not think she would either, I guess I would just like to know it has been done to rebuild some of those "damaged" bridges to our local fan base. Maybe it has, right.
Back to the top
Control functions: