Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Pellini Quote on Recruiting

Add topic

This looks like what I've been saying all along…

“The difficult thing at Nebraska was walking into a home in Dallas and saying I want you to skip over all these schools that are an hour away and come play for us. Recruiting Los Angeles, sitting at a home in Compton and saying I want you to take us over USC and UCLA. That’s a hard sell. Ultimately what you are forced to do at a school like Nebraska is to really spend a lot more time evaluating tape and worry less about the Rivals rating,” Pelini said.

So Pelini is used to ignoring the stars and trying to find a player that will develop into a contributor, and he also now can use the ‘stay home and play’ card that was used against him when he tried to talk kids into leaving Texas or California.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Re: Pellini Quote on Recruiting

LOVE THIS!  This WILL work!  Just give it some time.
Back to the top

Pellini Quote on Recruiting

LOL - you guys get sooooo sensitive when talking about stars (jkg). What do you expect him to say when he has to recruit at a non BCS school like FAU though? Important to note he was talking about recruiting  out of state at Nebraska (where they can get 4 and 5 star players) in that article, and didn't say anything about stars per se (that was implied by the editor). He also said he wanted to nab a few "BCS players" here at FAU in another interview (I've already quoted that in another thread). That's what I've been saying all along  ;) FAU will never get a class fully consiting of 3 (or even 4) star players (or simply players getting recruited by strong programs). But there is no reason FAU can't steal some away as other SBC teams have done.

Seriously though - can we all just get off the recruiting debate and just relax and watch the man go to work? It's obvious there will be two distinct sides on the recruiting debate. And it doesn't look like it's going to change any time soon.

Oh btw he just got a commit from a 3 star  ;D
Back to the top

Alright, I am done with it.  I dont mean to be sensitive, I just get emotional around the holidays  ;D

Maybe we'll land a 5-star and win the national championship  ;D

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

walty12 said

Alright, I am done with it.  I dont mean to be sensitive, I just get emotional around the holidays  ;D

Maybe we'll land a 5-star and win the national championship  ;D

LOL - you're a good man Walty. Hey it's fun debating sometimes. Let's just have fun with how coach is trying to turn around the program. Happy holidays!
Back to the top
Control functions: