Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2012 Recruit Notes

Add topic

I think we can all agree the Star system is B.S. once you get out of the top 250 players… With this said I think the best measure of recruits is the schools that showed interest and/or made an offer.  Accordingly I provide the following (generated from reading multi articles)… Some of the J.C. guys look like studs and were recruited by Major 1A programs.

High School:

Brendon Clements – CB: Recruited by Buffalo and North Carolina Central.

Chad Ward – WR: Recruited by Alabama, Illinois, Bowling Green and Middle Tennessee.

Chris Sherwin – DE: Recruited by Boston College… According to OWLAccess (21DEC11) FAU has not given Sherwin a formal scholarship offer???

Grant Flessner – QB: Recruited by Iowa State as a DB, no 1A interest as a QB.  Senior Year: 1,050 Passing, 975 rushing, 19 TD.

Inuka Rhaheed – DT: Recruited by Buffalo, Georgia State, USF and Western Kentucky.  6-foot-3 295 pounds!

Jeremy Gaskins – HB: Recruited by Middle Tennessee, Indiana, Central Florida and Bowling Green! Senior Year: 1,303 rushing and 13 TD.

Mike Bullard – WR : Recruited By California, UTEP, Western Michigan, Tulane and Memphis!  Senior Year: 1,130 yrds and 12 TD.

Junior College:

Jeremy McKnight – Safety: Junior College, recruited out of high school by over 14 schools including Baylor, Texas Tech, Oklahoma State and Old Miss!!! Still was being recruited by Old Miss and Indiana!  Fortunately for us (unfortunately for him) his grades were not good enough after high school to play for a big name school so he went to Navarro Junior College (and has since pulled up his GPA)… We are getting major 1A talent here!

Mustafa Johnson – OL: Junior College, recruited by 12 total schools including  Arizona State and Washington State!!! 6-foot-3 300 pounds, awarded All-East Conference Central Division First Team Honors.

Stern Vile – OL:  Not much on this guy, but he was a Junior College walk on who played well enough to earn a full scholarship… And being 6-foot-5 330 pounds has to count for something!

Back to the top

Re: 2012 Recruit Notes

The recruiting dead period is almost over, I'm really excited to see what Pelini will be able to pull off with. Ore than two weeks to prepare!
Back to the top

TeamBeer said

The recruiting dead period is almost over, I'm really excited to see what Pelini will be able to pull off with. Ore than two weeks to prepare!

+1 I think this class is looking pretty good so far!
Back to the top

CP has some big time guys (at least for us) visiting over the next few weekends. Guys committed to BCS programs or holding offers from them. Should be very interesting to see who ends up signing with us.

Back to the top

FAU said

CP has some big time guys (at least for us) visiting over the next few weekends. Guys committed to BCS programs or holding offers from them. Should be very interesting to see who ends up signing with us.

Very nice! This recruiting class is shaping up so incredibly well for someone who has had such a limited time to recruit - having the complete stadium and an energetic, driven HC will do that!
Back to the top

I cannot wait to see who gets added. I think the JC guys will make an imediate impact.
Back to the top

2012 Recruit Notes

Big recruit coming in for an official visit this weekend--OL/DL Forrest Lamp from Venice High School.
Back to the top

BigChief said

Big recruit coming in for an official visit this weekend–OL/DL Forrest Lamp from Venice High School.

Lots going on in Venice lately!

FAU Class of '87
Back to the top

BeastOwl said

BigChief said

Big recruit coming in for an official visit this weekend–OL/DL Forrest Lamp from Venice High School.

Lots going on in Venice lately!
They run a great program there. It's nice for the kids to be getting some D1 attention. From this year's class, they have one committed to FAU, one to Florida and one to Miami. Lamp will have his choice of schools, but he and Grant Flessner are good friends, so hopefully that will hold some weight.
Back to the top

Adarius Glanton - LB: 6-foot-2, 227 Lbs. Eastern Arizona 2011: 85 Tackls, 2 Sacks. Another stud who missed out on Big Div-I schools out of high school due to grades… In 2009 he was offered scholarships to Louisville, UCF, USF and FSU  :o but couldnt go due to his final grades… When asked about missing out on a big school scholarship and having to go to J.C. due to his grades he said "I just have to go to class, do my work, get my grades up and then move on"…

We score another J.C. Stud!

Back to the top
Control functions: