Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU Football Visit Listing for January 13-14, 2012

Add topic

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

Re: FAU Football Visit Listing for January 13-14, 2012

Rick said

Rivals pages

Allen Covington - 3 stars - also offered by Colorado State
Feddie Davey - 2 stars - also offered by Washington State
Wade Edwards - 2 stars - also offered by UAB
Willie Fleming - 2 stars - also offered by Navy
Ricky Jones? - no stars? - also offered by, among others, LSU
Tremane McCullough - 2 stars - no other offers
James Bynes - none found

Back to the top

Others to add:

Teko Powell- DT Miami Norland - committed to Illinois (visited 11/11 committed on 1/5). Other offers: Florida, FSU, USF, Louisville, Wisconsin

Devonte Robinson- WR Village Academy - committed to West Virginia (visited 10/7 committed back in July). Other offers: Minnesota (9/23 visit), Bowling Green, UConn, FIU, Illinois, Michigan State, SMU, Vandy

Jhavon Williams- CB Palm Beach Central - committed to UConn (visited 11/25 committed back in July). Other offers: Kentucky, Marshall, New Mexico.

Alex McIntosh- OT Miami Norland

QB James Bynes is visiting Howard (the school, not our old coach :D) this weekend.

By the looks of it, this has to be a record weekend for hosting prospects. 4 players are committed to BCS schools, 3 players hold a Rivals.com rating of 3-stars (not like anyones counting anyways), and 5 guys hold offers from BCS programs.

Great weekend ahead. I would expect all of these guys to be at Saturday night's basketball game. You think we can get some chants and signs going?
Back to the top

I like that we are getting guys in who have solid interest at/from other big schools...if nothing else, shows that we are once again turning heads - which had not been the case so much prior.
Back to the top

I forgot to point out that with Powell, Robinson and Williams all having already took their official visits to the schools whom they have committed too, we are going to have a great chance of leaving a final impression when they sign on the dotted line. 
Back to the top

FAU said

Others to add:

Teko Powell- DT Miami Norland - committed to Illinois (visited 11/11 committed on 1/5). Other offers: Florida, FSU, USF, Louisville, Wisconsin

Devonte Robinson- WR Village Academy - committed to West Virginia (visited 10/7 committed back in July). Other offers: Minnesota (9/23 visit), Bowling Green, UConn, FIU, Illinois, Michigan State, SMU, Vandy

Jhavon Williams- CB Palm Beach Central - committed to UConn (visited 11/25 committed back in July). Other offers: Kentucky, Marshall, New Mexico.

Interesting line-up! All three of these guys listed FAU as "low interest" yet decided to take a visit anyway - says something about the Persuasive Power of Pelini, hereafter to be known as the Triple P.
Back to the top

FAU Football Visit Listing for January 13-14, 2012

owlcountry said

Interesting line-up! All three of these guys listed FAU as "low interest" yet decided to take a visit anyway - says something about the Persuasive Power of Pelini, hereafter to be known as the Triple P.

Yup, throw in a top of the line facility, the ability to play home and have your family see WAY more games, and a coaching staff with fire in thier belly you have a recipie to finally sway some minds.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

i'm pretty happy about this now. But i'm still sulking about the last couple of years. It just goes to show howard should have hung it up 3 years ago. He could've been on the scene to open the new stadium still. Actually its Angelos's fault for not stepping up doing something about it.

The product on the field just goes to show you him and his crew did nothing the last three years. College football is 90% recruiting, 10% coaching.

Pelini is off to a good start. I'm pumped.

My girlfriend went to Illinois and I went to a game there. You take away the big ten conference and there's zero reason to go there. The stadium is like 90  years old, dark and damp. Everything is old and grey. Two weeks later we were at FAU were everything is new and beautiful. Its only a matter of time before we start catching up and passing USF and UCF and become a threat. I love the Big East, its my favorite conference, but its going downhill. You can't replace Pitt and Syracuse with UCF and SMU. With FAU's location and new facilities, expanding on campus dorms, the next ten years are going to be great.
Back to the top

Exit39 said

i'm pretty happy about this now. But i'm still sulking about the last couple of years. It just goes to show howard should have hung it up 3 years ago. He could've been on the scene to open the new stadium still. Actually its Angelos's fault for not stepping up doing something about it.

The product on the field just goes to show you him and his crew did nothing the last three years. College football is 90% recruiting, 10% coaching.

Whether or not Howard should have stepped down three years ago or not I dont know.  But I will say this again because its the TRUTH…if you think that list of recruits would be coming to FAU if we played at Lockhart you are out of your mind.

I also think your percentages are way off.  Its probably closer to 60/40.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Ricky-Seals-Jones-124950]Ricky Jones? - no stars? - also offered by, among others, LSU

5 Star according to Scout (if we were able to land this guy I'd seriously  :o)
Back to the top
Control functions: