Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

How does rivals rate?

Add topic

How does rivals compile the ratings of a player? Is it one guy or an average of a few ratings?

Also, what does the rate scale really mean? Why is there such a difference between a two and a three star if the numerical value differential can be that of .1? In a nut shell, what does a 5.4 mean compared to a 5.5 in terms of a player's rating?

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

Re: How does rivals rate?

NJOWL said

How does rivals compile the ratings of a player? Is it one guy or an average of a few ratings?

Also, what does the rate scale really mean? Why is there such a difference between a two and a three star if the numerical value differential can be that of .1? In a nut shell, what does a 5.4 mean compared to a 5.5 in terms of a player's rating?

Rivals doesnt even rate many kids until they get an offer… Then once they get an offer often the # of stars is based on the schools giving an offer… You would be amazed at how many kids have 0 stars when they first commit then a week later they have 3-4 stars because Rivals gets around to looking at them…
Back to the top

How does rivals rate?

Part of the reason Texas' class is always highly rated but underperforms. The usually have 20 commits from instate kids before the season begins. Being Longhorn commits their rating gets an immediate boost. As the season goes on it seems to snowball.
Back to the top

Coach said

Part of the reason Texas' class is always highly rated but underperforms. The usually have 20 commits from instate kids before the season begins. Being Longhorn commits their rating gets an immediate boost. As the season goes on it seems to snowball.

Yea, once you get out of the top 250 or so kids I wouldnt trust Rivals as far as I could throw them…  I tend to look at how many Big Program Div-I schools make offers…

Which is why I'm so pumped about our JUCO recruits. Most of those dudes had offers to Major progams but came here because they know they can start right away… I honestly think we could go 7-5 or even 8-4 next  year… The JUCO guys alone should win us a few games.
Back to the top
Control functions: