Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Belle Glade ATH Cre'von LeBlanc Commits to FAU

Add topic

Cre'von Leblanc
ATH
5-10, 170
Belle Glade, FL

Per Rivals.com

Rivals

This is big because it plants a root in Belle Glade for us for the future

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Re: Belle Glade ATH Cre'von LeBlanc Commits to FAU

Wow, the ball is really rollin now, imagine if we win 6 or 7 and get to go to a Bowl. What will be next year be like! ;D
Back to the top

The kid is also a baller…. He is not bad and would have been a prized recruit last year. Don't sell him short.

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

Leblanc is a three star recruit on ESPN with a rating of 78... I think he can be on our team. ;)

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

If it all works out he will be a huge get for us...key word being if...
Back to the top

Belle Glade ATH Cre'von LeBlanc Commits to FAU

owlmart said

If it all works out he will be a huge get for us…key word being if…

Yea, I cannot wait until signing day to see how many of these studs we actually sign…
Back to the top

Glades Central's Crevon Leblanc dedicates football season to his father | pbgametime.com

Thousands will be cheering loudly at a jammed Anquan Boldin Stadium Friday night at the annual Muck Bowl, but Glades Central defensive back Crevon Leblanc will still hear his dad's voice.

Leblanc's father passed away in March, the victim of a severe heart attack suffered while Leblanc and his mother were in a car with him, but the 16-year-old junior still feels his presence.

Especially when he plays football: His dad never missed a game.

"He'd shout, 'I want a big hit this play, I want a big play,' " Leblanc said.

That's why Leblanc dedicated the football season to his father and will honor him during Friday's game against Pahokee.

"I'm going to try to get like 10 tackles and two picks," Leblanc said. "Everything I do, I do it for him."

Leblanc's life took a drastic turn one fateful day in March, as he and his parents drove to Orlando to celebrate his mother's birthday.

Crevon was sitting in the backseat as his mother, Lawanda, drove and his father, Craig Sr., sat in the passenger's seat. Crevon was watching a movie on a portable DVD player when he noticed his dad sweating and complaining that it was hot.

"It wasn't normal sweat," Leblanc remembered.

Craig Sr. took some pain pills for his heart, but moments later, he slumped over. Crevon and his mother thought Craig Sr. was joking around.

He wasn't.

They pulled the car over and, as his mother ran out on the road trying to get help, Crevon called 9-1-1. Craig Sr. was taken to an area hospital.

Crevon and his mother were in the waiting room when they were told the news.

"They just said he didn't make it," Leblanc said. Craig Leblanc was 44.

Glades Central coach Jessie Hester said Leblanc's demeanor visibly changed.

Leblanc, who suddenly became the man of his house, realized he had new responsibilities. His older brother, Craig Jr., is in prison, and his half-brother, Corderra Bostic, lives with his own mother.

He's all his mom has at home.

"At that point, everything shifted in his head," Hester said. "He changed from a happy-go-lucky kid to a more serious guy, more responsible in his day-to-day actions."

A little more than a month after his dad's death, Crevon turned to football as his emotional outlet.

Leblanc had a skyscraping interception in his team's 32-18 spring-game victory against Fort Pierce Westwood. A photo in The Palm Beach Post showed Leblanc, who is 5-foot-9, jumping above three other players as they fought for the ball.

"I was thinking that my daddy is my guardian angel and he's lifting me up," Leblanc said. "When I see the ball, I've got to have it."

This fall, Leblanc has made 20 tackles, including one for loss, and two interceptions in nine games, even playing through a hairline fracture in his wrist for part of the season.

But the stats don't concern Lawanda as much as football's therapeutic value to her son.

In a program like Glades Central, where other players and coaches have dealt with personal tragedy, Leblanc has an empathetic audience.

"I don't have to worry about anything," Lawanda said. "The staff is right there for him. The players are very concerned about him.

"It almost like they're a family."

When you see Leblanc line up before a play at the Muck Bowl Friday, he'll pick up some grass and swipe it across his chest. That's a tribute to his dad.

He'll listen closely, amid the raucous Muck Bowl crowd, for one voice.

"There are a lot of people out there," Leblanc said, "but I can still hear his voice the most.

"He guides me."

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top
Control functions: