Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Sun Sentinel - Hutton

Add topic

Somebody explain to me how you write an article about the FAU recruiting class and when you begin to refer to the “key to the class” you call him by the wrong name?  To Hutton's credit, he does get it right later in the article, but jeez: Mix in a little proof reading before you hit save, huh Hutton?

Melvin Graham???  Really?

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/fau-owls/fl-fau-signing-day-0202-20120201,0,5092142.story
Back to the top

Re: Sun Sentinel - Hutton

It's Melvin German and Graham Wilbert's lovechild.

Can scramble like a mofo, cannon for an arm but throws it in the bleachers everytime he lets one go.
Back to the top

fau_owl_04 said

Somebody explain to me how you write an article about the FAU recruiting class and when you begin to refer to the “key to the class” you call him by the wrong name?  To Hutton's credit, he does get it right later in the article, but jeez: Mix in a little proof reading before you hit save, huh Hutton?

Melvin Graham???  Really?

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/fau-owls/fl-fau-signing-day-0202-20120201,0,5092142.story

I don't get all this hatred for Ted. So he misspelled a word, we have countless threads on here bashing the guy.

It happens, everyone makes spelling mistakes, especially on this forum. Ever tried to read OwlCountry40's posts? It's like a word jumble, you have to try and figure out what it is exactly he's talking about. We should just be glad he cares enough to write about FAU on a daily basis. There's other people from other papers who cover FAU that don't update it nearly as much as he does.

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Ted is great.  I don't think there is a better beat writer for any SBC school.  His blog is constantly updated and he's very accessible.  I don't get the negativity either. 
Back to the top

Sun Sentinel - Hutton

Thnaks Jad, extactly wha i wuz tinking!
Back to the top

NCowl said

Thnaks Jad, extactly wha i wuz tinking!

LOL, + 1

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

I can be hard on Ted, but its our right as fans. Your right though, it was probably an accident, and he didnt notice it.
Back to the top

The thing that is consistently overlooked in this is the amount of time all of this stuff talkes to to do.

If you add up the amount of time spent on researching and writing things like blogs, previews, etc, it's kind of laughable the monetary return they produce.

For example, I spent 6 hours yesterday between going to FAU to film the presser, posting the vid, updating the signing list, and then writing a preview for tommorow's game.

But that is nothing compared to what Ted did…he wrote at least thee articles, three blog entries, and then who knows what other "activities". Not to mention he lives 50 minutes away and can do nothing during the drive time.

So, does one really have a right to complain about a free product?

Back to the top

Some don't like him tempering their enthusiasm with some realism. Looks like our best recruiting class on paper. Just some people get a little over the top after watching highlight tapes. Does anyone put out a bad one? I've never seen any of them play a game. I'll take an anxious wait and see approach.
Back to the top

Jab979 said

fau_owl_04 said

Ever tried to read OwlCountry40's posts? It's like a word jumble, you have to try and figure out what it is exactly he's talking about.

+1
Post of the day, ha ha!  ;D
Back to the top
Control functions: