Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Priority & Premier Seat Holders

Add topic

Priority & Premier Seat Holders

How do you feel about the upcoming MLL All Star game being hosted at the stadium and NOT being able to sit in your seats or utilize the area/services you paid/donated for?

What was your impression of the email that went out yesterday?

Do you feel that the ticket office/FAU/Athletics is serving their primary customers appropriately in this situation?

Discuss.
Back to the top

Re: Priority & Premier Seat Holders

Can you please post the email?

Back to the top

As requested.

Subject: First Right of Refusal - Major League Lacrosse All-Star Game
To:

Dear SigEp77,

We are reaching out to let you know about another exciting event taking place in FAU Stadium this year. Major League Lacrosse (MLL) announced Wednesday it will host the 2012 MLL All-Star Game in Boca Raton, Fla. at Florida Atlantic University (FAU), according to MLL Commissioner David Gross. This will mark the first event in League history that will take place in the state.

The event will take place on Saturday, June 30 at 7:30pm EST. Returning to the All-Star Game this year is the “Young Guns vs. Old School” format, in which MLL veterans will compete against players who entered the league in 2009 or later.  The MLL All-Star Game is the league’s marquee event and consistently draws large crowds to watch the world’s top lacrosse talent compete on a single field. It is home to the league’s Bud Light Skills Competition, in which players showcase specialty skills that wouldn’t be seen during regular games. This year’s MLL All-Star Game is a Palm Beach County Tourist Development Council funded project, supported by the Palm Beach County Sports Commission.

As a Premier or Priority Club Season Ticketholder, you are probably aware that you receive the First Right of Refusal for all events that come to our stadium. In this case, MLL is only selling seats on the East Side of the stadium and operating the suites, and therefore the Premier and Priority Club Seats will not be available for purchase. On the day of the game, you may see some people over in the Priority Club Deck Area. Please understand that those patrons will be attending an invite-only Sponsor-related event, exclusive to Major League Lacrosse and that the event is open only to the sponsors of Major League Lacrosse.

However, to ensure you still get the best seats available, we have set up an online Pre-Sale exclusively for our Priority and Premier Club Customers. Simply Log on  with your email address and your Pin/Password  between Monday, February 6th at 2pm and Sunday, February 19th at 10pm. At that time you will be privy to the best seats before anyone else in the country. To make up for the inconvenience of not being able to sit in your regular seats, we have set up this pre-sale such that you are not restricted to the same number of seats that you buy for the FAU Football Season.
We regret that we will not be able to handle any of these pre-sale orders in person or over the phone and must be purchased via the secure Ticketmaster link provided above. If you have any questions, you can feel free to contact us at 1-866-FAU-OWLS or via email at [email protected] .

Thanks as always for your patronage, and we are excited about seeing you soon at FAU Stadium.

Sincerely,

FAU Athletics Ticket Office
Back to the top

They sold football tickets, not tickets to other venues that occur from a rental agreement...so, really, not much push back to be had from our ticket holders?
Back to the top

SigEp77 said

How do you feel about the upcoming MLL All Star game being hosted at the stadium and NOT being able to sit in your seats or utilize the area/services you paid/donated for?

Do you feel that the ticket office/FAU/Athletics is serving their primary customers appropriately in this situation?

Discuss.

I am a season ticket holder (but not in premier or priority) and that is how it reads to me!

And I think it sucks.

It has almost become what is the point of investing your dollars in the program and school with season tickets when 1) tickets are sold in your section for WAY below what we paid PER SEAT once the season starts and 2) you are offered the option (but a VERY SMALL WINDOW!) to purchase tickets to an event but not in your seat and I guess not even in your section or even price level of season tickets.

Yes, the Owl faithful are being treated very poorly IMHO! Let me know how this works out for you.
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

SigEp77 said

Discuss.

I am a season ticket holder (but not in premier or priority) and that is how it reads to me!

And I think it sucks.

It has almost become what is the point of investing your dollars in the program and school with season tickets when 1) tickets are sold in your section for WAY below what we paid PER SEAT once the season starts and 2) you are offered the option (but a VERY SMALL WINDOW!) to purchase tickets to an event but not in your seat and I guess not even in your section or even price level of season tickets.

Yes, the Owl faithful are being treated very poorly IMHO! Let me know how this works out for you.

So, a Miami Dolphins Premier Club member should have the right to go and see Canes games?
Back to the top

I really don't see the issue here.  I purchased season tickets to FAU football.  I didn't purchase the seat itself.

We are given the right of first refusal if the seating is available but in this case they are hosting a private party that has nothing to do with FAU football but we are still getting first shot at a ticket elsewhere.  I was offered my seats for the North/South game and purchased them and enjoyed the game.

They are trying to offset the cost of the stadium with other options and people still bitch, it's unbelievable.  Everyone gets upset because we have no money but when anything is done to try to bring in some funds everyone bitches about some silly little nothing.

As far as some seats being sold "way below" what you paid, I paid a very fair price for priority seats, we were having a horrible year and they had to get people in the seats somehow.  Would you have been happy if they did nothing and there was nobody  in the priority sections?  No, because then you would have bitched that FAU does nothing to promote the new stadium blah blah blah.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Rick said

GeorgiaOwl said

SigEp77 said

Discuss.

And I think it sucks.

So, a Miami Dolphins Premier Club member should have the right to go and see Canes games?

I can't explain that one as two teams share the same stadium and both sell separate season ticket packages.. I still feel that in this case, FAU people paid premium prices for premium seats and I know it was "implied" about having first shot at tickets to non-FAU football events and that included your seats at your level Now weather the food options are the same with a different "event promoter" (not FAU) but if priceing is similar in set-up…
I know all of these are 1st year issues not thought out or planned out or communicated very well IF AT ALL, so again any and all issues with the operation, managemanet and promotion of the stadium need to be addressed and improved upon before year two, and then before year three and so on…and is this not a place to vent those concerns? WE do hope FAU admins, and i this case FAU admins AND stadium management AND event management read some of this stuff.
Back to the top

I don't see the problem here.  You buy the access for FAU games.  They didn't sell Personal Seat Licenses for the seats, so they aren't required to offer you the same seats for every event held at the stadium.  They are doing enough just offering season ticket holders the opportunity to buy tickets.

I have Priority Club seats and I'm fine with what they offered.  That being said, I have zero interest in attending the MLL game anyway, so this really doesn't effect me! 
Back to the top

fauowls44 said

I don't see the problem here.  You buy the access for FAU games.  They didn't sell Personal Seat Licenses for the seats, so they aren't required to offer you the same seats for every event held at the stadium.  They are doing enough just offering season ticket holders the opportunity to buy tickets.

I have Priority Club seats and I'm fine with what they offered.  That being said, I have zero interest in attending the MLL game anyway, so this really doesn't effect me!

I guess I gotta agree with your comment, we did not pay for personal seat licences, THAT would have been A LOT more money. Good point and thanks for setting me straight on this!
Back to the top
Control functions: