Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Subway in the Stadium

Add topic

The new Subway in the stadium will actually be a Subway Cafe, which apparently is the new thing in Subway restaurant designs - it's basically Subway with the interior style of Starbucks. Here's an excerpt from BocaNewsNow:

"As part of an upscale modernization effort, the first Subway Café in South Florida is scheduled to open in March on the Florida Atlantic University campus.

Subway Cafés have more of a coffeehouse ambiance, offering additional menu items such as Seattle’s Best Coffee, baked goods and dessert items and a full line of espresso-based coffee specialty drinks. The restaurant chain is also updating its existing and new restaurants with its innovative Metro design."

Except it's not really "innovative" because the move toward this modern style is a recent trend in fast food places who are trying hard to become more "adult" and "welcoming." For instance, I know McDonalds has done it and I believe Wendy's is doing it now too.

Anyway, here's a site with a basic layout rendering of what a Subway Cafe looks like (picture on the right, obviously, click to expand)
Back to the top

Re: Subway in the Stadium

Looks real nice. For thier sake I hope they keep the pricing structure the same as the rest of the local Subways so the students can afford to eat there regularly. If they don't…
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

Looks real nice. For thier sake I hope they keep the pricing structure the same as the rest of the local Subways so the students can afford to eat there regularly. If they don't…
LOL good luck with that one…I can assure you there will not be any $5 foot longs  ;D
Back to the top

If so (which I aghree they probably will), then it will not be there long, sadly. Better learn to stop jacking up prices and screwing people and students just because it is a new facility
Back to the top

To be honest, I doubt they will jack prices. Think about it: They will receive oodles of business from students so rent should not be an issue (even though I believe they are a sponsor). Also, they know the simple supply and demand curves, they have these prices for a reason and students are not willing to pay more because they cannot.

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

I doubt they'd raise the prices on the sandwiches since "$5 footlongs" are basically their calling card. I do know that I've seen Subways in comparable environments and the sandwich price is the same. The drinks and cookies might be a little bit more though.
Back to the top

Subway will be a great alternative; my Son's both love it!  Subway only wants to do $5 footlongs twice a year (February & October), however one owner told me that the company wants to do it 3 times a year.  I'm pretty sure that they have to offer those prices nationally.  I had a footlong in an airport during their promotion and they were honoring the prices (false advertising otherwise).

GO OWLS!
'91
Back to the top

Subway will be a great alternative; my Son's both love it!  Subway only wants to do $5 footlongs twice a year (February & October), however one owner told me that the company wants to do it 3 times a year.  I'm pretty sure that they have to offer those prices nationally.  I had a footlong in an airport during their promotion and they were honoring the prices (false advertising otherwise).

GO OWLS!
'91
Back to the top

Sentinel with an article today on the Subway…

Subway debuts new café concept at FAU
Back to the top

Subway in the Stadium

Pretty decent article, too bad no pics or at least artist renderings.
Back to the top
Control functions: