Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2012-13 FAU Men's Basketball Roster

Add topic

Re: 2012-13 FAU Men's Basketball Roster

TeamBeer said

I'm still trying to figure out what he was saying with the ****.  ;D

The new censor may need a bit of a tweak….

I think it truncated the word "F-u-l-l-b-a-c-k" (minus the dashes) in another post yesterday…….

BTW, where'd you get all those badges??

;)
Back to the top

Woah! I'd like to think you are awarded one for every positive contribution you make to the Nest which means over the course of 8 years I've only said a handful of relevant things! ha ha.

I look like a Russian General with all of those guys, it's awesome!
Back to the top

2012-13 FAU Men's Basketball Roster

i just don't see how you can make a case for jarvis. its always next year. the guy has never won a single round of the sunbelt playoffs, never had an upset over a top 50 team and he can't retain his top players.

once he wins something its a different story, till then, not a fan.
Back to the top

Taylor can see as a potential "loss"…….

Provided he was going to make some baskets this year.

The other three amigos - see ya' round!
Back to the top

Exit39 said

i just don't see how you can make a case for jarvis.

So I take it you are not optimistic about this team under Jarvis going forward? That we've already peaked under him?
Back to the top

all i'm saying he's didn't win with his recruits and he couldn't coach young men properly enough to be team players. His top players nonetheless.
Back to the top

Exit39 said

all i'm saying he's didn't win with his recruits and he couldn't coach young men properly enough to be team players. His top players nonetheless.

I can see both sides, but:

There is a distinct line between forcing someone to be a team player and them actually exercising their free will to be one.

He can't make them have a certain type of character…they have to want to.

The shot selection at times last season was HORRIBLE.

Can't count how many times two particular players threw up garbage in the storm only to see it blown off the side of the rim or worse.

Jarvis doesn't run very complicated schemes like some coaches do, and he relies on a team that is always centered on what's best for the moment.

Back to the top

i agree with you Rick. My point is pretty simple though, its his mistake. He didn't inherit these guys, he recruited them. So either he didn't recruit the right guys or he didn't coach them properly. Basketball isn't like football where there 30 recruits every year and couple will fall through the cracks, haha, typically though. This years recruiting class is the biggest basketball recruiting class i've ever heard of.
Back to the top

Exit39 said

i agree with you Rick. My point is pretty simple though, its his mistake. He didn't inherit these guys, he recruited them. So either he didn't recruit the right guys or he didn't coach them properly. Basketball isn't like football where there 30 recruits every year and couple will fall through the cracks, haha, typically though. This years recruiting class is the biggest basketball recruiting class i've ever heard of.

Fair point!

If it doesn't happen with this team, then something is going on that needs attention…….

Back to the top

I am quite knowledgable about 3 of these recruits and I know they are good. Coach Jarvis was able to recruit the two best players off of the post-grad Fishburne Military Academy's team. They were ranked in the top ten in the nation for most of the year and lost to the top-ranked and undefeated Hargrave Military team in overtime and both Trapp and Bryant scored more than 20 points in that game.
Back to the top
Control functions: