Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

MLL All Star Game Coming to FAU Stadium June 30th

Add topic

Major League Lacrosse announced Wednesday the rosters for the 2012 MLL All-Star Game presented by Moe's Southwest Grill and to be held on June 30 at FAU Stadium in Palm Beach County, Fla.

For the first time in league history, MLL allowed fans to vote for their favorite players, which counted for one third of the overall voting process.

The game will feature a Young Guns vs. Old School format. Players who joined the league between 2001 and 2008 will compete for the Old School team while players who joined between 2009 and 2012 will compete for the Young Guns. The game will be televised live on ESPN2 HD at 7:30 p.m. ET.

Steve Duffy of the Boston Cannons will serve as the head coach of the Young Guns while Ted Garber, who was a coach in the MLL Summer Showcase and the league's inaugural year, will coach the Old School team.

Tickets for the 2012 MLL All-Star Game can be purchased through Ticketmaster.
Back to the top

Re: MLL All Star Game Coming to FAU Stadium June 30th

Is anyone going to this event?
Back to the top

If y'all live close enough, go and support the game and the U and have a nice day in the sun drinking…

Have a great time while helping fill our home up! We want repeat customers (events) and for our home to become the Nation's Premier mid size event facility (concerts, games, rallies…).
Back to the top

A couple of quotes form the Sentinal (remember them) about  the Lacross All-Start game being played on our field;

"The best way to find out if a market is going to be strong is to play games there. Test it out." Gross said. "We walked away from FAU and said 'that place is perfect.'"

Gross is hoping for 5,000 to attend Saturday's game, but that he's more concerned with the exit interviews of the fans that do attend.

"If we get 5,000 and they walk away saying 'meh,' that's worse than if we have 3,000 and they're stomping their feet, waiting in lines to get autographs and have the biggest smile on their face," Gross said. "We're trying to find out what's the passion of the fan base."

I hope many of you guys down their will go, if nothing else to visit the stadium and support FAU - we gotta get some more revenue in our baby to pay the bills, that will in turn help lower the costs of the football games there as well! Go Owls!
Back to the top

I can see the stadium from my house but im gong fishing now instead. 

It's Owl Time!
Back to the top

I'm right there with you Powerowl.
Back to the top

MLL All Star Game Coming to FAU Stadium June 30th

Free pub at the Owls' House…we'll take it!
Back to the top

Gonna watch a bit of the game on ESPN. See how the new place shows up on TV.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

I think they drew five thousand tonight
Back to the top

Not a bad crowd!
Back to the top
Control functions: