Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

How about the Owls try to steal one from Clemson!

Add topic

Here is the link to a story about the "package deal" going on up at Clemson;

| AJC College Sports Recruiting

I say what the heck, offer the kid (he does have offers from others including Miss. St., S. Miss and even Arky. St.). Maybe we land the Big Fish along with him - Ha Ha!
Back to the top

Re: How about the owls try to steal one from Clemson!

Does anyone else find it strange that we have no verbal committements yet?

I know its very early but lots of SBC schools already have verbals in.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

owlfamily said

Does anyone else find it strange that we have no verbal committements yet?

I know its very early but lots of SBC schools already have verbals in.

We have no verbals that we know of. Besides at this stage in the game verbals mean nothing. These kids will change their minds 100x before signing day

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Jab979 said

We have no verbals that we know of. Besides at this stage in the game verbals mean nothing. These kids will change their minds 100x before signing day

I know, I know.

Just kind of frustrating. I know the offers are out there, and I know that Verbals mean nothing, but I keep reading about the committments at other schools. Guess I'm just jonseing without real football talk to have during the DSD's.  :(

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Yeah it gets to be REAL boring. Luckily we had the whole AD search to keep us busy for a while but now that, that's over back to being really slow again. We're about 7 weeks away from some football. It'll be here before we know it!

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

How about the Owls try to steal one from Clemson!

owlfamily said

Does anyone else find it strange that we have no verbal commitments yet?

Am I surprised that we have no early commitments to a Sun Belt school that was ranked last in the country last season? Not at all.

Yes, we have a new stadium and new coach… but I'm sure high school students are still leery.
Back to the top

I'm with Owl2Doc on this. I think the students are leery because we are coming off a failing season, and not even consider for a realignment. But I have faith in our football staff and AD Pat Chun.
Back to the top

If you look at the commits to Belt teams so far, they are WEAK zero or 2 stars ratings and less than four offers (MANY only the one they have "commited to"). These are mostly the type of recruits jumping on the first (and possibly only ) offer. NO BIG DEAL - YET!
Back to the top
Control functions: