Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Rivals100 Five-Star Challenge

Add topic

Any chance any of our Coaches are uphere in Atlanta for this "event"?

To me just shows the differences between the haves and have-nots. We would die for just one of the top 100 per year. I do
hope we are trying, no matter how stacked the deck is!
Back to the top

Re: Rivals100 Five-Star Challenge

No matter how long the odds, I think the coaches should have a presence there. They should be there for the exposure if nothing else. I am willing to bet  Mario was there. He has the attitude that he can land someone there and that  confidence has been successful. Maybe , if our coaches were not there, they felt they would get more results doing something else. I'm not sure. I just think FAU should at least attend.
Back to the top

I 100% agree. And even if we don't land a Top 100 recruit, don't they still have to go home, talk with teammates and Coaches, etc…THEY may spread the word about the upcoming program in Florida at FAU better than we (our Coaches) can. Like peer pressure but in a good way for a change.

If Pelini and staff go there (and ATL is sure close enought to warrent the tickets or even a drive) and make a credible showing, who knows. Bottom line is we have to get BACK ON the FBS map and back in the game!
Back to the top

College Football coaches are not allowed to be on the road recruiting during the summer.
Back to the top

We've offered 4-star Delray Beach RB Greg Bryant who was there. He's committed to Oklahoma though.

ASU offered 4-star Nashville CB Jalen Ramsey. He has like 20 offers out there and no commitment.

So there are a couple SBC teams throwing their hats in the ring.
Back to the top

Rivals100 Five-Star Challenge

Owl2Doc said

We've offered 4-star Delray Beach RB Greg Bryant who was there. He's committed to Oklahoma though.

ASU offered 4-star Nashville CB Jalen Ramsey. He has like 20 offers out there and no commitment.

Ken La Vicka just tweeted that Bryant's decomiited from Oaklhoma and wants to play for a "South School".

I cant believe it would be us but if it is, holy crap!

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

owlfamily said

Owl2Doc said

Ken La Vicka just tweeted that Bryant's decomiited from Oaklhoma and wants to play for a "South School".

I cant believe it would be us but if it is, holy crap!

Will be an SEC or ACC program.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

walty12 said

Will be an SEC or ACC program.

Yeah I know, hes already talking to South Carolina and Georgia, but hey if the many wants his family to see him play there is NO place closer then FAU. LOL

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Well he does have an offer from us! :D
Give it a shot again coaches, ya can't hit a homer if ya don't swing the bat!
Back to the top

owlfamily said

but hey if the many wants his family to see him play there is NO place closer then FAU. LOL

That's true, and we say that a lot: "Hey prized recruit, come to FAU so your parents can see you play." That's one place where I don't get my hopes up because there are plenty of kids who have parents that will travel wherever they need to go to see their kid play. After all, we have college kids making that same trip on their meager salaries… if they can do it, so can working adults with careers (in most cases).

Back to the top
Control functions: