Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Titans Open Preseason Slate Saturday; Keep an Eye Out for Rusty

Add topic

Can you believe it, already that time again!

Matt Hasselbeck is scheduled to start in the Tennessee Titans game against Seattle this Saturday at 10:00 PM EST.

But keep an eye out for Rusty, who should see some time in the second half!

The game is available in regionally in Nashville, and nationally on the NFL Network.

Back to the top

Re: Titans Open Preseason Slate Saturday; Keep an Eye Out for Rusty

Waits for the mandatory "If the team had not given up Rusty would of had 4 TD's 2 punt blocks, a kickoff return and 3 tackles" post…with that said best of luck to Rusty, I think this is a big preseason for Rusty
Back to the top

owlmart said

Waits for the mandatory "If the team had not given up Rusty would of had 4 TD's 2 punt blocks, a kickoff return and 3 tackles" post…with that said best of luck to Rusty, I think this is a big preseason for Rusty

Hahaha! Well it's time to come to the realization he'll never be a starter or likely anything more than 3rd string and that's fine. My hopes are that he stays on an NFL roster making the league minimum (490k), saves his money and lives a very happy concussion free, injury free life and that 1 day he will come back to the stadium at Schnellenberger field for the retirement of his jersey

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Jab979 said

My hopes are that he stays on an NFL roster making the league minimum (490k), saves his money and lives a very happy concussion free, injury free life and that 1 day he will come back to the stadium at Schnellenberger field for the retirement of his jersey

I'm not sure that would be enough to warrant retiring his number…  ;D
Back to the top

Owl2Doc said

Jab979 said

My hopes are that he stays on an NFL roster making the league minimum (490k), saves his money and lives a very happy concussion free, injury free life and that 1 day he will come back to the stadium at Schnellenberger field for the retirement of his jersey

We would retire his number for his time HERE, not for what he did in the NFL.

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

NJOWL said

Owl2Doc said

Jab979 said

We would retire his number for his time HERE, not for what he did in the NFL.

Yes! Thank you lol + 1.. I'm pretty sure he was kidding though. At least I hope he was lol

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Rusty is in and he looks good so far
Back to the top

Jim Wyatt ?@jwyattsports
QB Rusty Smith with the throw of the night so far – a 39-yard bomb to receiver Marc Mariani #Titans

ALSO

This hasn't been mentioned anywhere else…

Congrats to Rusty, as his wife is expected to be giving birth soon!!! Rusty is going to be a father!
Back to the top

Titans Open Preseason Slate Saturday; Keep an Eye Out for Rusty

Yahoo does not have stats but from play by play he did pretty good! Led only TD drive of night for touchdown and had a missed FG on another. Hasselbeck threw 2 picks (one a pick six) and Locker not so great either!
Back to the top

I believe he finished 7/10 for 70+ yards. I went to one of the Titans forums to see what they thought and there's a lot of posters who don't like Rusty. They still reference the game against the Texans 2 yrs ago when it was quite obvious the team had given up on their coach due to the whole Vince Young incident.

Best of luck Rusty!
Back to the top
Control functions: