Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU Stadium to Possibly Host 3 High School Football Games

Add topic

FAU and the Gridiron Challenge Foundation, a high school football promotional company, are close to a contract deal that would allow six Palm Beach County high schools to play at FAU Stadium this fall.

Gridiron Challenge Event Director Billy Fleming said Thursday his company and FAU had a "slight miscommunication" during contract negotiations, which has delayed the official announcement of three Sept. 8 games to be hosted by FAU. The tentative schedule would start at noon, with West Boca Raton vs. Palm Beach Gardens, followed by Boynton Beach-Spanish River at 3 p.m. and Palm Beach Central-Lake Worth at 6.

Full Story

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Re: FAU Stadium to Possibly Host 3 High School Football Games

+1. My wife went to Gardens High School, so she would want to go to the Gardens game.
Back to the top

Another great idea to bring notoriety to the school, the stadium and this could be a great recruiting tool for us

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Jab979 said

Another great idea to bring notoriety to the school, the stadium and this could be a great recruiting tool for us
Agreed, very good idea, next we need to work on getting some of the schools way out west over here…how about a STA vs GC at FAU stadium?
Back to the top

Back to the top

Guess not!
Back to the top

And FAU shoots its self in the foot again how stupid can we be. FIU  hots tons of high school games at thier stadium and many other 7 on 7events.
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

And FAU shoots its self in the foot again how stupid can we be. FIU  hots tons of high school games at thier stadium and many other 7 on 7events.

For once I agree with 40, more bad press and bad decisions by FAU.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

dusky256fc said

For once I agree with 40

Actually, think this is number two!

;D

Back to the top

FAU Stadium to Possibly Host 3 High School Football Games

The outcome is bad but the reaction from FAU was this company setting up this event was wanting to profit with out justifying all the cost. I think FAU could set up an event by themselves to have high school teams play down here. Especially recently how there isn't much money to shell out for things and the attitude of the public recently is to crucify State entities, "how dare they frivolously spend tax dollars on things", FAU just played the safe card. It goes to show that this company that was setting it up was all about turning a buck they opened their mouths before things were finalized and hoped FAU would bite for the cost. The outcome is bad press for FAU even though there wasn't an agreement or contract for services.
Back to the top
Control functions: