Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2012 Owls Nest Pick 'Em - Game Card Week 1

Here is the line-up card for Week One of the 2012 Owl's Nest Pick 'Em sponsored by www.ItsOwlTime.com!

If you have not signed up and wish to do so, Here are the Instructions

Deadline is Thursday at 6:00 PM EST.

No late cards will be accepted.
Back to the top

Re: 2012 Owls Nest Pick 'Em - Game Card Week 1

Current players:

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

Up for grabs this week!

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

2012 Owls Nest Pick 'Em - Game Card Week 1

Thanks Rick and Mark for putting this together.  You asked about the set-up for 2012 and I wanted to comment.  My two cents is that with 26 games per week there is no need for all of the tie breakers.  Maybe two games with total score or something along those lines for tie-breaker.  The confidence factors only put luck into the equation and they are way too time consuming.  I hope that this helps.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

OWL4EVER said

Thanks Rick and Mark for putting this together.  You asked about the set-up for 2012 and I wanted to comment.  My two cents is that with 26 games per week there is no need for all of the tie breakers.  Maybe two games with total score or something along those lines for tie-breaker.  The confidence factors only put luck into the equation and they are way to time consuming.  I hope that this helps.

GO OWLS!

The main reason for the tie breakers is that we ran into a problem before, and not having a clear cut system. This will allow for that to not happen again!

Thanks for the feedback on the confidence points!

This is consistent with others feedback as well, and we can look into dropping that moving forward next week.

Back to the top

personally i am not a fan of the confidence points or point spread system, make it simple like the march madness on TON (pick the winner, get a point) the tie breakers are a necessary evil, if we had a lot more people playing then maybe the confidence system would be needed but not yet

my two cents anyway

and thanks for arranging this regardless 
Back to the top

nowle said

my two cents anyway

Thanks Nowle!
Back to the top

It is a little more involved with the confidence points, especially with the number of games were picking but we'll see some serious separation later in the year. This week is fairly easy, hard to pick an true upset so we'll all finish relatively close.
Back to the top

in need of a new hat, though this first week will be tough to win!
Back to the top

Rick said

OWL4EVER said

The main reason for the tie breakers is that we ran into a problem before, and not having a clear cut system. This will allow for that to not happen again!

Thanks for the feedback on the confidence points!

This is consistent with others feedback as well, and we can look into dropping that moving forward next week.

Thanks for considering Rick.  I'm sure week 2 will become more difficult to pick and 26 games will test us.  The score of two games and other tie breakers will definitely be enough.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top
Control functions: