Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Tracking the Commits - 2013 class

Add topic

Alright, this is something new that I’m going to try out. With the new staff in place and the amount of verbal commitments already pledged, I thought it would be a good idea to start a topic called “Tracking the Commits.” Here I would post the stats of Owl commitments in their high weekly high school games. That way fans can track and follow the recruits as they prepare to become part of the program. Not sure how many members would like this information, but going to give it a try anyways.

Below is from the past weekend:

Week 7:

Austin Bland OL St. Thomas Aquinas – The Raiders beat South Broward 48-0 to move to 4-2 (2-0 in 7A-District 15). Bland blocked for a running game that scored three first half touchdowns and led 35-0 at the break. The game was highlighted by an on-field altercation that resulted in five players getting ejected. The FHSAA is still investigating. Up next: Nova (4-3)

Reggie Brown DB Tampa Jesuit – Brown helped his team improve to 5-2 (5-1 in 5A-District 8 ) with a 24-6 win over Dunedin. The defensive back contributed offensively scoring on a 16-yard touchdown run and added 45 yards rushing on just six carries. He also managed to catch one pass for 19 yards and add a tackle. Jesuit’s defense hasn’t surrendered a point in four straight games. Up next: Lakewood (6-0)

JonDarius Gardner DL Pine Forest – The Eagles posted their third shutout of the season and beat Washington 63-0 to improve to 3-2 (2-1 in 6A-Disrtict 1). Gardner, who is one of two newly pledged commitments from Pine Forest, was part of a group of starters that were held out of the contest due to injury. Up next: Pensacola (3-2)

Demarcus Glover DL Pine Forest – Glover, the other commitment from the Eagles, played in the blowout victory and recorded five tackles including a sack. The sack marked his first of the season, as he was also able to knock down a pass. Up next: Pensacola (3-2)

Llyod Howard RB Palm Beach Central – Although it is still debated whether Howard is actually committed to the Owls, I will include him on this list. The Broncos (5-2, 2-1 in 8A District 10) beat Jupiter 35-0 behind Howard’s 125 rushing yards and two touchdowns. The ball carrier is having a standout season for a strong football team. Up next: John I. Leonard (4-3)

Jhory Jones OL Orange Park – The Raiders lost to Clay 20-14 on a late fourth quarter touchdown dropping them to 2-4 (1-1 in 6A-District 3). Jones and the offense were limited to just 139 yards of total offense and struggled to get a run attack going. Up next: Leon (1-5)

Ronnie Scott ATH Chamberlin – The Cheifs (2-4, 1-1 in 7A-District 7) struggled against an undefeated Durant squad losing 49-0 on the road. Scott, who played some of the game at quarterback, directed an offense that gained just 59 total yards. Up next: Wiregrass Ranch (0-6)

Kamrin Solomon WR Mandarin – The Mustangs (2-4, 0-2 in 8A-District 1) had a bye. Up next: Spruce Creek (2-4)

Lester Thomas DB Godby – Thomas snagged his third interception of the season as the Cougars improved to 6-0 (1-0 in 5A-District 2) with a 61-7 thumping of Chiles. The defender also added two tackles and returned two punts for 25 yards. Up next: Rickards (3-3)
Back to the top

Re: Tracking the Commits - 2013 class

Maybe this thread should be called "Today's heroes…tomorrows goats!"
Back to the top

Good info Delt. I like it. Good to see the types of games these kids are having each week

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Good stuff!
Back to the top

I dig it, thanks for this man.

FYI, St Thomas has two losses this season. They lost to Miramar last week and that team in NJ earlier.
Back to the top

TeamBeer said

I dig it, thanks for this man.

FYI, St Thomas has two losses this season. They lost to Miramar last week and that team in NJ earlier.

Whoops got a record mixed up somewhere along the line. Thanks for the correction!
Back to the top

No worries, they're normally 6-0 by now  :)
Back to the top

Tracking the Commits - 2013 class

Interesting. Tracking the progress is not something normally done. I like it. I hope  Bam Lloyd does end up an Owl. He's a TY Hilton kind of guy.
Back to the top

Before you read, I just want to say for some of these kids it’s hard to get their stats, but I try and dig up what I can.

Week 8:

Austin Bland OL St. Thomas Aquinas – Bland blocked for a passing attack that threw for five touchdowns in a blowout 63-13 district win over Nova. A huge game lies ahead against Plantation, as both teams are undefeated in District 15-7A play. Bland will have to contain defensive lineman Monty Nelson who holds offers from Missouri, Louisville and Michigan State. Up next: Plantation (6-0)

Reggie Brown DB Tampa Jesuit – Couldn’t find any of Brown’s statistics for the game, but the big news out of Jesuit was that the son of former Heisman-winning quarterback Vincent Testaverde started his first career game. Jesuit lost to Lakewood 20-17 in a district game and now stands at 5-3 (5-2 in 8-5A). Brown has run for 5 touchdowns this season. Up next: Gibbs (2-5)

JonDarius Gardner DL Pine Forest – Gardner recorded one tackle as the Eagles (4-2, 3-1 in 1-6A) beat Pensacola 20-13 to stay alive in district play. Up next: Escambia (4-3)

Demarcus Glover DL Pine Forest – Glover had the bigger game out of the duo of committed lineman at Pine Forest, and notched six tackles in the win. Up next: Escambia (4-3)

Llyod Howard RB Palm Beach Central – The Broncos clinched a District 10-8A title with a 35-25 win over John I. Leonard. Howard had another monster game running for 184 yards and two touchdowns. Up next: Bye week

Jhory Jones OL Orange Park – The Raiders suffered a disappointing 31-39 loss to Leon on Friday night. The defeat moves the school to 2-5 (1-2 in 3-6A). Up next: Columbia (6-1)

Ronnie Scott ATH Chamberlin – The Chiefs (3-4, 2-1 in 7-7A) beat Wiregrass Ranch 32-3, but Scott injured his ankle on the opening drive of the game. The severity of the injury isn’t known, but Scott is Chamberlin’s starting quarterback. I’m not sure what he is being recruited as but will try and find out. Up next: Gaither (6-1)

Kamrin Solomon WR Mandarin – I couldn’t find Solomon’s stats for his team’s 20-17 win over Spruce Creek, but did stumble upon the fact that he has blocked two kicks so far this season. Figure that is fitting this week for Owls fans. Mandarin is 3-4 (1-2 in District 1-8A). Up next: Deland (4-4)

Lester Thomas DB Godby – Thomas had three tackles as Godby rocked Rickards in a 43-3 win. The Cougars are a perfect 7-0 and 2-0 in District 2-5A this season. It appears that Godby could make a deep playoff run. Up next: Tate (0-7)
Back to the top

Nice work...Thanks for the update Andrew!
Back to the top
Control functions: