Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Recruiting Notebook 11/2 (Lloyd Howard is committed)

Add topic

- Last night I covered the Palm Beach Central – Boca Raton game, which meant I had the opportunity to check out Lloyd “Bam” Howard in person. The running back overall impressed me, displaying speed out of the backfield and ball skills on defense. He scored two touchdowns, with one of them coming on a 50-yard scamper in which he wasn’t touched. On defense, Howard started at corner and had three pass break ups to go along with a pair of tackles.

After the game I had the chance to speak with Howard and he confirmed with me that he was committed to the Owls. What he also mentioned was the fact that the coaches like him as a slot receiver. Many people up until this point thought that the athlete was going to play the role of “scat back” at the next level, but that appears not to be the case.

Howard isn’t tall, (he barley stretches his listed height of 5’8”) but he can make plays with the ball in his hands. The one thing I did take notice of was his positive attitude on the sidelines.  He’s a team leader and captain for a talented program that has made the playoffs this season. It appears that he has put last year’s mishap behind him and grown as an individual from it.

- Before kickoff in last Saturday’s game against Troy, I witnessed associate head coach/recruiting coordinator Jeff Sims mention to a group of recruits that it was 27 degrees that morning in Kansas. It was hard to gauge the reaction from the prospects, but the message was clear: Sims was trying to sell them on the beautiful weather year-round in Boca Raton.

What I also learned from the interaction was that Sims had been out recruiting in the Boston area the week before.  At some point during the conversation with the group he acknowledged that he had been up north a few days and the weather was cold. Since then I have been able to confirm with two Massachusetts prospects that Sims had visited them while on the recruiting trail. So for those wondering, the Owls appear to have popped their heads into some unusual territory.

- North Florida Christian’s Marucs Clark committed to the Owls this past weekend, but he might not be the only Eagle to find his way to Boca Raton. I spoke with Clark’s teammate, tight end / linebacker Garret Hudson who has also received some interest from FAU. While no offer has been extended yet by the Owls, Hudson says he has had contact with offensive line coach Luke Meadows. The two-way starter already holds an offer from Akron, and leads his team in tackles this season.

- For those wondering about the big time prospect that visited for the Troy game, I still haven’t heard back from him. It’s a crucial time at the high school level right now with playoffs around the corner, so I might not be his top priority. But trust me; I want to talk to him.
Back to the top

Re: Recruiting Notebook 11/2 (Llyod Howard is committed)

Recruiting Notebook 11/2 (Lloyd Howard is committed)

Great write up Andrew! Keep up the great work.

As The Owls Nest resident recruiting expert, I look forward to reading your articles. Always have great insight and info. Hope to read many more of these

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Re: Recruiting Notebook 11/2 (LloydHoward is committed)

Jab979 said

Great write up Andrew! Keep up the great work.

+1

Good stuff, once again!

Back to the top

Re: Recruiting Notebook 11/2 (LloydHoward is committed)

Good stuff Andrew. I look forward to your follow ups. Nicely done.
Back to the top

Re: Recruiting Notebook 11/2 (Lloyd Howard is committed)

Thanks guys. I look forward to posting more of these.
Back to the top

Back to the top
Control functions: