Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

TE Dustin Bowens Commits to FAU Football

Add topic

Per Chris Nee's Tweet…

"Flagler (Fla.) Palm Coast TE Dustin Bowens has committed to #FAU"

I spoke with Dustin tonight and he at first denied his pledge to the Owls, then said he was committed and had his words confused.

Something seems fishy here.

Anyways here is Bowens senior highlight tape.

He's got soft hands.
Back to the top

Re: TE Dustin Bowens Commits to FAU Football

Maybe his coach told him not to say anything? Maybe he was just nervous? Not sure why he would deny it, then say oh I was confused

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Jab979 said

Maybe his coach told him not to say anything? Maybe he was just nervous? Not sure why he would deny it, then say oh I was confused

Well I talked to him on Monday and he told me that he wasn't.

Then tonight I asked him if he was and he said no again. I then explained to him that there is a report online stating that he was. That's when he changed his answer.

I forgot to mention that he was at the game on Friday night.
Back to the top

Is it common for recruits to play dumb as far as any decisions they may have made? Not really sure why he lied twice then you call him out on it and he changes his mind

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Jab979 said

Is it common for recruits to play dumb as far as any decisions they may have made? Not really sure why he lied twice then you call him out on it and he changes his mind

Maybe he just doesn't want it all over the internet in case somebody more attractive makes him an offer. Then again after he told you he put it up on his own Twitter so who knows.
Back to the top

TE Dustin Bowens Commits to FAU Football

I think he doesn't want his girlfriend to find out until he tells her because…17 year old kids are dumb.
Back to the top

Don't see him listed on Rivals or ESPN. I know we have offers out to a couple of three star TE that are still uncommitted. I try to take the "wait and see" attitude when it comes to recruits.
Back to the top

Local said

Don't see him listed on Rivals or ESPN. I know we have offers out to a couple of three star TE that are still uncommitted. I try to take the "wait and see" attitude when it comes to recruits.

This is true. FAU also is after a few JUCO ones..
Back to the top

Andrew said

…I asked him if he was and he said no again. I then explained to him that there is a report online stating that he was. That's when he changed his answer…

As we spoke about earlier this morning, looks like he is just waiting for other offers:

Article Via Daytona Beach News Journal - Bowens commits to Florida Atlantic

But since he says that he has given his verbal, have added him to the list.
Back to the top

Rick said

Andrew said

…I asked him if he was and he said no again. I then explained to him that there is a report online stating that he was. That's when he changed his answer…

As we spoke about earlier this morning, looks like he is just waiting for other offers:

Article Via Daytona Beach News Journal - Bowens commits to Florida Atlantic

But since he says that he has given his verbal, have added him to the list.

This does not appear to be a "Commitment" lol
Back to the top
Control functions: