Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Interesting prospect

Add topic

So I found an article about a kid from my old highschool who still hasn't been offered. Somehow I feel like we could find a place for a kid like him at FAU. His older brother plays linebacker for Navy, this kid plays as stated in the article quarterback, punter, and middle linebacker. "The numbers are staggering for large-school Florida football. Worth (6-foot-1, 210 pounds) ended the regular season as Newsome’s leader in passing (816 yards), rushing (1,139), tackles (82), caused fumbles (four) and fumble recoveries (three)." On top of all that he is team captain, SGA vice president, and has a 5.44 GPA. Watch his highlights and I don't think they come as tough and physical as he does

Florida high school sports | Newsome's Worth succeeding with retro approach

Highlights: 

Back to the top

Re: Interesting prospect

5.44 gpa? What does that even mean? He is a super genius?

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

In Florida they weight your GPA higher than a 4.0 when you take AP college courses. If you read the article, he has never gotten lower than an A. His unweighted GPA is a 4.0 . The article also says he never missed a game in four years playing both ways on the field. Thats impressive.
Back to the top

Interesting prospect

sjacks78 said

In Florida they weight your GPA higher than a 4.0 when you take AP college courses. If you read the article, he has never gotten lower than an A. His unweighted GPA is a 4.0 . The article also says he never missed a game in four years playing both ways on the field. Thats impressive.

We need him.

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

He has no offers, they need to look into him, I feel like hes being passed over because he isnt a standout at either qb or MLB but I think if our coaches worked with him to focus on one single position he could be a real leader and a tough player
Back to the top

sjacks78 said

He has no offers, they need to look into him, I feel like hes being passed over because he isnt a standout at either qb or MLB but I think if our coaches worked with him to focus on one single position he could be a real leader and a tough player

Do you realize we would not even have to use a football scholarship on him? He could probably go here for free based on academics.

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

Haha how do we inform our coaching staff of him? I would love to see him come play for FAU, he is from the same school our old kicker vinny zaccario is from.
Back to the top

sjacks78 said

So I found an article about a kid from my old highschool who still hasn't been offered. Somehow I feel like we could find a place for a kid like him at FAU. His older brother plays linebacker for Navy, this kid plays as stated in the article quarterback, punter, and middle linebacker. "The numbers are staggering for large-school Florida football. Worth (6-foot-1, 210 pounds) ended the regular season as Newsome’s leader in passing (816 yards), rushing (1,139), tackles (82), caused fumbles (four) and fumble recoveries (three)." On top of all that he is team captain, SGA vice president, and has a 5.44 GPA. Watch his highlights and I don't think they come as tough and physical as he does

Florida high school sports | Newsome's Worth succeeding with retro approach

Highlights: 

SJacks, this reminds me… A couple SigChis and I are either going to the Newsome Durant game, or the Pasco and some poor kids from Gainesville thate are about to be beat to a pulp, game in Dade City.
If you still have my number, shoot me a text.

We are also thinking about Armwood @ Hillsborogh too, in Seminole Heights, but I doubt it.

Being a Pasco County kid, I'd love to see the game up here in Dade City, but one of the Sigs also graduated from Newsome, and they're coming of a big W at Gaither, and somehow Durant is undeafeted. Should be a good one.
Back to the top

I was considering going to the durant game just because I went to Newsome but I have tons of friends from Durant and I too wanted to see if Durant truly has undefeated talent or their oppenents were that bad this year.
Back to the top

Although this kid looks like a tough football player, he looks like he bought his wheels at the same place I did. Sorry, not enough quickness.
Back to the top
Control functions: