Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Austin Bland dominates #1 defensive line in the nation!

Add topic

Re: Austin Bland dominates #1 defensive line in the nation!

Looks like this dominate front was the big factor for you guys this year. I love all the press, but hope the big BCS boys don't catch on. Really glad we have Bland as an owl, what a great addition for us.

What about the rest of the O-line, do they know where they are going yet or what big offers they have?
Back to the top

TeamBeer said

Congrats on the stomping of Manatee this Friday Irish and good luck in Orlando!

Question: what's the deal with Fred Coppet? I spoke with someone close to the program who I trust and he says he's a helluva ball player and not getting as many looks bc he's a little undersized. Heard there was an article this weekend in the Sentinel calling him a real diamond in the rough too.

Andrew, who's recruiting Broward for us?

Fred Coppet has a few big school offers but i think Boston College might be the front runner for him… I dont think FAU has a shot at this one.
Back to the top

NCowl said

Looks like this dominate front was the big factor for you guys this year. I love all the press, but hope the big BCS boys don't catch on. Really glad we have Bland as an owl, what a great addition for us.

What about the rest of the O-line, do they know where they are going yet or what big offers they have?

Well what i can say is that Austin Bland has chosen the Owls over some really nice BCS schools such as Cincinnati and Purdue and a ton of other d-1 schools that Austin has not  even said anything to rivals about. Fau also really likes Kyle Shafenacker who is currently committed to UCONN but Im hoping when he takes his official up there in the winter that will change his mind….lol There are two really nice juniors on the O-Line that i really like in Crozier and Linder whos brother is the starting right Guard for university of Miami. I hope the recruitment of Austin will help Fau develop a relationship with the coaches at St Thomas because after the 4 and 5 star players there are plenty of really good football players on that team that we can keep home. I do have a close relationship with Austin and lets just say I have known him his whole life… I will be around this message board for the next few years and am looking forward to watching Fau turn this thing around…..jay
Back to the top

theirish1973 said

NCowl said

Well what i can say is that Austin Bland has chosen the Owls over some really nice BCS schools such as Cincinnati and Purdue and a ton of other d-1 schools that Austin has not  even said anything to rivals about. Fau also really likes Kyle Shafenacker who is currently committed to UCONN but Im hoping when he takes his official up there in the winter that will change his mind….lol There are two really nice juniors on the O-Line that i really like in Crozier and Linder whos brother is the starting right Guard for university of Miami. I hope the recruitment of Austin will help Fau develop a relationship with the coaches at St Thomas because after the 4 and 5 star players there are plenty of really good football players on that team that we can keep home. I do have a close relationship with Austin and lets just say I have known him his whole life… I will be around this message board for the next few years and am looking forward to watching Fau turn this thing around…..jay

Welcome to the board Jay!  We're all excited that Austin has chosen to play here.  Hopefully he helps get the team back on a winning track very quickly!
Back to the top

fauowls44 said

theirish1973 said

NCowl said

Welcome to the board Jay!  We're all excited that Austin has chosen to play here.  Hopefully he helps get the team back on a winning track very quickly!
Thanks and am glad to be here and I to am glad that Austin chose to stay home if not for the simple fact that it saves us a ton of money on travel cost!! Lets go Owls!
Back to the top

Wow. What a game by STA tonight. 600 yards of offense.

If no one knew about Fred Coppett before tonight I'd say he'll get some calls now. He's gotta credit Bland and crew for the holes and OKorn has to love all the protection he got.

Great game, STA peaked at the right time
Back to the top

We are lucky to have landed Bland...great things in store.
Back to the top

Does anyone know if he will come in and contribute/start right away? Or will he redshirt?

I kick cancers ass and that's all there is to it..
Back to the top

Austin Bland dominates #1 defensive line in the nation!

We are losing a lare amount of talent on the O line but I think he needs to get a bit bigger before he can play. I would not be surprised at all though if they promised not to red shirt him or early playing time in order to land such a solid commitment. He has gotten more bcs offers and he's still sticking with it (knock on woof) so there has to be more than just being close to home.
Back to the top

It's a big get for us, if we can get Stankowitz too, it'll start something good for us and STA.

Now if we could only have Duron Carter tell Joey Bosa how bad it is at Ohio State and staying home would be way better!  ;D
Back to the top
Control functions: