Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

GAME THREAD: FAU @ Dayton - 12/15/12 @ 7:00 PM

Add topic

Re: GAME THREAD: FAU @ Dayton - 12/15/12 @ 7:00 PM

owlcountry40 said

fauowl said

FAUfasho said

but I hoped we'd be able to at least be able to stay in the game with these type of mid-majors.

Dayton is a true mid-major.  Their basketball budget is nearly $4M.  Ours is under $1.5M.  We can only wish we were these types of mid-majors.  They have better equipment, facilities, recruiting budgets, and fans (11K showed up to watch FAU).
 You still can not lose this bad

Agreed.  I hate to lose this bad.

I just like to point out to those who believe our basketball program should be up with the legitimate mid-majors.

Our basketball budget is smaller than schools with these names: Bryant, St. Bonaventure, Saint Francis, and High Point.

We as FAU fans like to demand better facilities, better coaches, and more wins in all sports…but until the above mentioned changes…this is where we are.

Send $$$$

Just an fyi…
Back to the top

fauowl said

owlcountry40 said

fauowl said

FAUfasho said

but I hoped we'd be able to at least be able to stay in the game with these type of mid-majors.

Dayton is a true mid-major.  Their basketball budget is nearly $4M.  Ours is under $1.5M.  We can only wish we were these types of mid-majors.  They have better equipment, facilities, recruiting budgets, and fans (11K showed up to watch FAU).

I just like to point out to those who believe our basketball program should be up with the legitimate mid-majors.

Our basketball budget is smaller than schools with these names: Bryant, St. Bonaventure, Saint Francis, and High Point.

We as FAU fans like to demand better facilities, better coaches, and more wins in all sports…but until the above mentioned changes…this is where we are.

Send $$$$

Just an fyi…

+1  Send money.
Back to the top

They play like this against Indiana, we may be looking at a 50 point deficit.   

FAU Class of '87
Back to the top

BeastOwl said

They play like this against Indiana, we may be looking at a 50 point deficit.

Hate to say it, but…

+1
Back to the top

fauowl said

owlcountry40 said

fauowl said

FAUfasho said

Send $$$$

Just an fyi…

More $$$$???  Arent the athletic fees at FAU the highest in Florida?

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

walty12 said

fauowl said

owlcountry40 said

fauowl said

FAUfasho said

Send $$$$

Just an fyi…

I believe the students are doing their share, whether they want to or not.  It's the alumni that need to step up.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

walty12 said

fauowl said

owlcountry40 said

fauowl said

FAUfasho said

Send $$$$

Just an fyi…

Yes they are but I try to go to every game to get my moneys worth, and use the gym when I can. Dayton also beat 2 SEC and one Big east school before playing us (7-2 record). Their RPI I believe was in the 50's, they will contend for the A10 title and probably get a trip to the dance. I would have liked the game to be closer but I can only imagine what it's like playing in front of 11K. Tough for a young team other then Gantt and McCoy. Dayton PG was player of the week on ESPN also going into the game. Bad lost but I will still be cheering on Tuesday night at the burrow, so should everyone else. Our budget is crappy but CUSA will help out in the future.
Back to the top

dusky256fc said

I believe the students are doing their share, whether they want to or not.  It's the alumni that need to step up.

+1
Back to the top

I'll be honest. My college room mates ( from 1980) don't give FAU a dime. One is in NJ , one in Ga., and one over in Bradenton. I may be the poorest of the bunch but they give zero. And the one in Bradenton was very involved at FAU. Frat president, student government, etc..I have mentioned it to them and they have no interest. They don't even know what FAU looks like compared to 1980. Trust me, it isn't the same.
Back to the top

GAME THREAD: FAU @ Dayton - 12/15/12 @ 7:00 PM

Local said

I'll be honest. My college room mates ( from 1980) don't give FAU a dime. One is in NJ , one in Ga., and one over in Bradenton. I may be the poorest of the bunch but they give zero. And the one in Bradenton was very involved at FAU. Frat president, student government, etc..I have mentioned it to them and they have no interest. They don't even know what FAU looks like compared to 1980. Trust me, it isn't the same.

Why do you think they have no interest?
Back to the top
Control functions: