Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU Bowl Banners

Add topic

I was reading the Sun Belt message board and there was a thread about a new plaque WKU recently installed at their arena commemorating their conference championships.  That made me realize that I don't believe that FAU has any banners at FAU Stadium acknowledging that they won the 2007 SBC or the 2007 and 2008 Bowl wins.  I could be wrong…did I just not see them?  If there is nothing up now, something should definately be done about it.  It wouldn't take much…a few flags or a banner in the endzone. 
Back to the top

Re: FAU Bowl Banners

FAU Bowl Banners

I think they had some like that on the outside of the stadium, but the hurricanes knocked them down.
Back to the top

USMCOWL said

I think they had some like that on the outside of the stadium, but the hurricanes knocked them down.

Now that you mention it, I think you are right.  Hopefully they are back up for next year.  Although something inside the stadium would be better.
Back to the top

USMCOWL said

Correct. There were pictures of them hoisting up Schnellenberger on their shoulders and pictures of Rusty… don't think one that specifically mentioned the bowl games or showed the trophy, just pictures associated with the event.
Back to the top

What about conference championship flags?  The dolphins have those on the corners of their stadium (super bowl and AFC championship flags)
Back to the top

How about a "Ring of Honor?"  We could start with Howard and Alfred.
Back to the top

dcoker309 said

Alfred is DA MAN! BUT…. Jared Allen deserves to be in any Ring of Honor before Alfred does. If we were D-I at the time JA would've led us to a bowl game. He led us to our first ever victory as well as upsets over Hawaii and MTSU, our first ever win against a D-I school. On top of all that he came back to be a coach and help recruit.

I've talked to him a few times and he happens to be one of the nicest people you'll ever meet.

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Jab979 said

dcoker309 said

Alfred is DA MAN! BUT…. Jared Allen deserves to be in any Ring of Honor before Alfred does. If we were D-I at the time JA would've led us to a bowl game. He led us to our first ever victory as well as upsets over Hawaii and MTSU, our first ever win against a D-I school. On top of all that he came back to be a coach and help recruit.

I've talked to him a few times and he happens to be one of the nicest people you'll ever meet.

Laskowski would need to be put in there as well…also Cantonese should be considered, without his vision to start the transformation of FAU and hiring Howard to build the program we would still be a glorified community college.  Cantonese won't get in because of the controversy of his exit (i.e. Corvette-gate!).
Back to the top

I brought up the idea last year of a ring of honor for the stadium about half way through the football season I think. Everybody liked the idea, even wrote to AD Chun about it. Never heard anything back from him though. Every other big name program has a ring of honor in their football stadiums, why cant we?

index.php?topic=41309.0
Back to the top

The Ring-of-Honor is a great idea, hope it happens!
Back to the top
Control functions: