Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Naming Rights???

Add topic

Can I believe what I think I am seeing???!!!
Back to the top

Re: Naming Rights???

It be great if it were true. You think the university would do a press conference.
Back to the top

Next time I get arrestted...I am going to GEO!
Back to the top

A year on the job, AD Pat Chun has revamped the Athletic Department, reached out to ADT, has the department reaching out to the students, and got naming rights(?) for the stadium, got us to move to Conference USA. Sign the man to a contract extension.
Back to the top

I am trademarking the new stadium nickname....welcome to "the prison" lol
Back to the top

What more can you ask for from the man....Hopefully this momentum will continue to roll on for the us as we keep moving forward.
Back to the top

According to that article official announcement will be made on Tuesday. But, it also said the deal is worth a reported $5M. Is that a fair price for naming rights to a stadium?

Chun has done everything he said he would and more! Don't forget he also hired the former FSU women's soccer coach to replace our old coach who left to go to Missouri

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Jab979 said

the deal is worth a reported $5M. Is that a fair price for naming rights to a stadium?

Fair price is what someone is willing to pay…the stadium has been nameless for 2 years, not a lot of interest.  There's a baseball stadium down in Miami without a naming partner.  I don't think a lot of CEO's are interested in these deals.
Back to the top

Tim said

Jab979 said

the deal is worth a reported $5M. Is that a fair price for naming rights to a stadium?

Fair price is what someone is willing to pay…the stadium has been nameless for 2 years, not a lot of interest.  There's a baseball stadium down in Miami without a naming partner.  I don't think a lot of CEO's are interested in these deals.
+1. I know its not a lot, buts its a start, and we have to give AD Chun credit for reaching out and finding someone who was willing to do this. Now up next is finding a sponsor or a huge donor for the Ox and weight room.
Back to the top

Naming Rights???

Jab979 said

But, it also said the deal is worth a reported $5M. Is that a fair price for naming rights to a stadium?

It depends.  Is it going to be a 5 year deal for $1M a year, is it going to be a 10 year deal @ $500k per year, is it a 20 year deal @ $250k per year?  The shorter the term, the better the deal for FAU.  We will find out tomorrow I guess. 
Back to the top
Control functions: