Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

REGIONAL THREAD: Chapel Hill, NC - May 31 - June 3rd, 2013

Add topic

Re: REGIONAL THREAD: Chapel Hill, NC - May 31 - June 3rd, 2013

I was pulling all the way for our team last night and unfounrtanely we fell short, but I think with the way this team kept battling we impressed some people out there, especially some potential donors along with some people who can probably give the money up for renovations to our ballpark.
Back to the top

uablazin said

I stayed up following the game until the very end. Great season, Owls. I look forward to having you in C-USA.

Thanks! Really appreciate that.
Back to the top

I'M SO DAMN PROUD!!
Back to the top

As the father of a future baseball Owl, it was a joy watching the team over the weekend and last night.  And I couldn't be happier knowing that my son is going to be in the hands of a first-rate and "honest" coaching staff.  We had other offers, but when my son met Coach Mac, Jackson and when we knew Coach Dickie Hart was going to be there- the decision was easy.  That said, the facilities certainly need improving, but the Coaching staff and the educational opportunities at FAU made our decision easy.  Congratulations to the team.  Well played and a wonderful representation of what college athletics should be all about. 
Back to the top

they went down fighting….I was hoping we would get another crack at the super regionals hex…I think sometime in the future we'll get the to the series…we are closer then we've been in sometime…nice job guys…going toe to toe with #1 was a great display of heart….we'll get 'um next year

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top

I have a simple solution.  7 inning games for the regionals.  Go to 9 innings in the super regionals and beyond.  They do it when rain makes for a doubleheader on Sunday.  Out of  conference, anyway.  That would have meant 8 less innings for the FAU pitchers going into last night, or essentially, one less game.

UNC had 1 more pitcher than FAU last night.  The reason?  They won their first two games.  In this kind of format it is almost impossible to comeback from a first round loss.  You softball players out there, ever lose the first game on Friday night of a tournament?  How many games did you have to play on Saturday?  5, 6, 7?
Back to the top

Bulldog44 said

As the father of a future baseball Owl, it was a joy watching the team over the weekend and last night.  And I couldn't be happier knowing that my son is going to be in the hands of a first-rate and "honest" coaching staff.  We had other offers, but when my son met Coach Mac, Jackson and when we knew Coach Dickie Hart was going to be there- the decision was easy.  That said, the facilities certainly need improving, but the Coaching staff and the educational opportunities at FAU made our decision easy.  Congratulations to the team.  Well played and a wonderful representation of what college athletics should be all about.

Great post, and Welcome to the forum!
Back to the top

@Bulldog…you and your son made a great decision. Unlike football, a player does not have to attend a large power house to get exposure from the scouts.Yes people, I know we have player in pro football. I know lots of kids that left for UF, UM,  FSU, LSU etc that are not happy. Coach Mac is easily the best player's coach around. Hopefully by the time your son midway through his FAU career , we will get better facilities. FAU did great this last couple of weeks.These tournaments are hell for a pitching staff. We are at a level that is equal to the big boys. Now we just need a little luck. Welcome Bulldog to you and your son.Go Owls !
Back to the top

REGIONAL THREAD: Chapel Hill, NC - May 31 - June 3rd, 2013

FYI- The Florida Athletic Coaches Association (FACA) classis baseball tournament was played a couple of weekends ago in Sebring.  This is an invite only event for the top 80 Florida seniors.  FAU had 5-6 kids represented and I saw each of them play and spoke with some. In fact, FAU had pretty much as many at this game than Florida and more than Florida State, Miami, UCF and FIU.  Outstanding players and great make-up- considerate, athletic, friendly (until they are on the field or mound or batter's box- very competitive each of them!!!)– just seemed like great kids.  These guys are going to enhance what is already at FAU.  Its always difficult to replace senior leadership— Keller, you're a stud!  What a great story and testament to the FAU program.  Congrats to all the seniors and best wishes for a successful future.
Back to the top
Control functions: