Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

QB Jason Driskel Visiting

Add topic

QB Jason Driskel Visiting

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Hagerty (Oviedo, Fl) 2014 quarterback Jason Driskel is at Florida Atlantic today touring the campus and meeting with the Owl's coaching staff. Driskel, who is the brother of University of Florida starting quarterback Jeff Driskel, holds offers from Akron and Memphis.

The younger Driskel is regarded as more of a pocket passer than his older brother, but is still athletic at 6-foot-2, 215 pounds. Jeff signed with the Gators back in 2011 and was graded as one of the top quarterbacks in the country at the time.

Jason is less herald of a prospect, but the right-hander is still receiving some college interest. He threw for 1,160 yards and 13 touchdowns last season while also maintaining a 3.7 weighted GPA. Earlier this year Jason scored a 31 on the ACT which has resulted in some IVY League inquiries.

FAU has yet to land a verbal commitment from a quarterback for the 2014 signing class, but is recruiting a handful of targets.
Back to the top

Re: QB Jason Driskel Visiting

Do you have any favorites among the handful of QB targets?

And I know athletes are optimistic about being competitive with whomever is already there, but will having two JUCO QBs and two freshman QBs hurt our ability to get a really good QB this year?
Back to the top

Owl2Doc said

Do you have any favorites among the handful of QB targets?

And I know athletes are optimistic about being competitive with whomever is already there, but will having two JUCO QBs and two freshman QBs hurt our ability to get a really good QB this year?

I really like John Wolford out of Bishop Kenny in Jacksonville. The longer he's on the board, the better. In terms of numbers at quarterback, I haven't heard any prospect hint at that.
Back to the top

Back to the top

Back to the top

That is the problem with texts. Jason will be a big part of FAU football but only if he can be learn some a little skills in maybe the writing way he does it. Just joking. I've done that type of thing a million times. Welcome Jason.
Back to the top

Driskel lands at #5 in Orlando Sentinel's Top 10 Central Florida  QB's:

5. Jason Driskel

Just like his brother, Jeff, Jason starts for Hagerty and will play Division I football after committing to Florida Atlantic this month.

"He's as sound mechanically as anyone I've seen," Oviedo coach Wes Allen said. "He controls the game very well.''

Full Listing
Back to the top

I hope he's a good one. We could use a solid QB to build our program around for, say, the next 3 years.
Back to the top

Back to the top

Rick said

Posted On: Oct 2nd 2013, 10:34 PM #318912

Cool.  For all the negative talk about our QBs this season, with Johnson, Hankerson, and Driskell, I have a feeling we are soon going to be very deep at the position.

Back to the top
Control functions: