Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Updated: QB JP Caruso Visiting

Add topic

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Palm Beach Gardens quarterback J.P. Caruso tweeted this morning that he is taking an unofficial visit to FAU.

Caruso is a pro-style quarterback that is attracting some interest from lower-end programs around the country and FAU is one of the schools that has extended an offer to the prospect. Air Force, Akron, Appalachian State and Wyoming have all offered Caruso along with a strong showing of FCS schools.

"I'll be making my decision probably later this week on where I'm committing to," Caruso said in a message.

Having already toured Appalachian State, Wyoming and Air Force this summer, Caruso will now focus his attention on a local school in FAU. The quarterback has been in contact with assistant coach Jarred Allen since he was a sophomore in high school, and has had the opportunity to meet with offensive coordinator Brian Wright.

"I've been talking to coach Allen since my 10th grade year. He's real cool and a nice guy," Caruso said.

The quarterback claims that he is "wide-open" right now and doesn't have any favorites despite his planned announcement on the horizon. Caruso is a two-year starter at Palm Beach Gardens who threw for 1,536 yards and 24 touchdowns last season.
Back to the top

Re: Updated: QB JP Caruso Visiting

Updated: QB JP Caruso Visiting

I think this is a three-way battle. App State, Air Force and FAU.
Back to the top

Andrew, is coach Wright trying to just grab the best available talent and build an offense around that right now? It doesn't seem like we're limiting ourselves to run-first qbs by any stretch. Hard to gauge considering the limits that GW had last year what kind of offense we expect to see on the field this time around.
Back to the top

TeamBeer said

Andrew, is coach Wright trying to just grab the best available talent and build an offense around that right now? It doesn't seem like we're limiting ourselves to run-first qbs by any stretch. Hard to gauge considering the limits that GW had last year what kind of offense we expect to see on the field this time around.

I think it's hard to tell exactly what coach Wright is doing, because he's offered such a wide array of quarterbacks. I think the play of GW last season helped change the perception of what he wants under center. However, you have to keep in mind that GW did run the ball at times last season. If you eliminate the 26 times GW was sacked, he carried the ball 38 times for 202 yards and 2 touchdowns. That's an average of 5.3 yards a carry! I would assume that this season with MG3 or Quez Johnson under center, those numbers would double.
Back to the top

Back to the top

You look at the roster we have a lot of QB or ATH's who can play QB. It be a million to one shot we get Caruso anyway. I see this kid going to the Rockie Mountains, or Big Sky Country.
Back to the top

Andrew said

TeamBeer said

I think it's hard to tell exactly what coach Wright is doing, because he's offered such a wide array of quarterbacks. I think the play of GW last season helped change the perception of what he wants under center. However, you have to keep in mind that GW did run the ball at times last season. If you eliminate the 26 times GW was sacked, he carried the ball 38 times for 202 yards and 2 touchdowns. That's an average of 5.3 yards a carry! I would assume that this season with MG3 or Quez Johnson under center, those numbers would double.

Ah yes, the ole "shock n draw" play with Wilbert was a classic, no one was ever ready for him to pull it down and go!
Back to the top

Off to App State...

Back to the top

Based on his comments, it looks like he didn't have a lot of options when it was all said and done.
Back to the top

Appalachian State is getting a good QB. I wish him the best. I don't think we are in need of any more QB commits at this time.
Back to the top
Control functions: