Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2013-2014 FAU Men's Basketball Schedule

Add topic

* Denotes C-USA Contest

- Dates and Times Subject to Change

TV Schedule:

11/17 @ Boston College - ESPNU

12/12 @ DePaul - Fox Sports 1

12/14 @ Maryland - ESPN3

01/25 @ FIU - CSS

02/01 @ Marshall - CSS
Back to the top

Re: 2013-2014 FAU Men's Basketball Schedule

So i can count AT LEAST 3 wins on this schedule!
Back to the top

TeamBeer said

So i can count AT LEAST 3 wins on this schedule!

Where the red font?!

:Scared:  :Tongue:  :Crying:
Back to the top

Doesn't look good my friend.

Justin Raffington better be my Ron Artest!! Otherwise were in for a really rough year.
Back to the top

2013-2014 FAU Men's Basketball Schedule

We have 6 guys out of 12 that none of us have seen play.

Why do we assume they are bad?…because we don't know their names?

Other than Steph, the guys who have left, were not doing anything for us.  Maybe these guys are better, maybe they are not…who knows.

Back to the top

Let's round up the FAU fans and my friends who will be FAU fans for the day! Hopefully I don't have a home game I have to work for my school February 15 when FAU comes to San An.

And now that UIW is Division I, I hope FAU will be able to have UIW on their schedule!

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

A fan on the CUSA board said these are the teams for the Tourney were in.

The Gazelle group games are Boston U., UC Irvine, and Eastern Washington all at UC Irvine.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

I couldn't be less interested in Basketball. Once again they are already getting more blog time then our Baseball team. Let me end the speculation, we will be a very bad basketball team this year.And we will continue this way until we make a leadership change.

Back to the top

1. The basketball schedule was just released, that's why we're discussing it

2. We don't know how good these guys are, you're right. But not one of them was a heralded recruit (ala moody, Taylor) that I would expect to contribute right away. And sadly, Jarvis hasn't shown the best development ability IMO. I really do think that Penn could be something, maybe not Brett Royster, but he's a solid defensive player, if Raffington is as good as Jarvis says (which I take with a grain of salt nowadays) and Dragan steps up, then we have a nice front court. That's my silver lining review.
Back to the top

All this doom and gloom is way too early, IMO. Let the dust settle and take in the first two contests before bowing out for the season…

;D

Positives:

1. Three legitimate point guards. Remember last year? If that isn't a step in the right direction, don't know what is.

2. Four big men. No, will not likely be ready to carry a truly legitimate scoring role, but to have the overall increased size, and rebounding ability is definite plus. Raffington, Hornstein, Sekelja, and Penn will rotate in the front court. Pelchen, as long as no injuires transpire, will be red shirting.

Issues:

1. Who will step up as the go to shooters in place of Gantt and Moody? Trapp could be a key cog as he was out of position last season - big time.

2. Lack of a true wing player - actually two. This will be most notable on defense, with mismatches moving from the post out to the perimeter. But to be honest, we never really had one before either. Trying to land a German player who fits the bill. Should know if that pans out within the next two weeks. Not riots in the breezeway material, but could make a notable difference at times.
Back to the top
Control functions: