Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Rob Housler says Carson Palmer brings “pedigree” to Arizona

Add topic

House is looking to turn things around in AZ…and likes what he has in QB Carson Palmer:

Housler too is looking for a fresh start after the Arizona Cardinals’ quarterback woes over the past two years had an overall negative impact on the team’s performance. The 6-foot-5, 250-pound Housler is hoping to benefit from Carson Palmer’s presence under center, and thus play a significantly bigger role in the Arizona Cardinals’ offense this season. Housler believed that Carson Palmer’s superior experience as a starter will also help move the team in the right direction.

"If you aren't on the same page, he won't let it slip for a second,” Housler said while as a guest of Arizona Sports 620's Burns and Gambo on Tuesday. “He'll be in there and he'll be in your ear telling you what he expected.”

Back to the top

Re: Rob Housler says Carson Palmer brings “pedigree” to Arizona

Was thinking about having Mr. Housler on the fantasy team this yr as a late rd sleeper… I like what I'm hearing.
Back to the top

Nice thoughts from the Cardinals coaches on Rob;

The Cardinals are expecting big things from tight end Rob Housler this year. He runs the 40-yard dash in around 4.5 seconds and can be a matchup problem for defense. They didn't throw much to him in the preseason, and he's questionable for the opener with an ankle injury. If he plays, look for Housler to be a big part of the offense. Housler dropped two passes in the preseason but he did appear to have improved his blocking. "When you can put him the game and they don't know if he's going to block or run a route, that makes a big difference to the defense," said tight ends coach Rick Christophel.

Glad his ankle injury was apparantly not too serious.

Go get 'em Rob and GO OWLS!
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

Glad his ankle injury was apparantly not too serious.
Posted On: Sep 2nd 2013, 5:32 PM #316468

It's a high ankle sprain from what I've read. They know he's an important part of their future so they may hold him out a few games so it can heal more before he plays. They don't want to push him and he goes out in week 1 and hurts it again and now he's gone for most of the season.

I don't blame them. He's gonna be a big target for Palmer, not worth risking the other 15 games for the first game of the season. Even if he has to sit out 2 or 3 games, I think he'll be a breakout player by the end of the sason

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top
Control functions: